cash only with sign and sail acount question

DJ Vagistat

My wife and i are going on a 3 day cruise on the imagination next week. I understand that you can start a Sail & Sign account with cash and that there will be a deposit of $100 per person. My question is are we going to be able to spend any of the upfront deposit? I assume no but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

My wife and i are going on a 3 day cruise on the imagination next week. I understand that you can start a Sail & Sign account with cash and that there will be a deposit of $100 per person. My question is are we going to be able to spend any of the upfront deposit? I assume no but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

The deposit of a hundred dollars each, is to start your account, you can put in more if you like also. And yes it is for you to spend, when it gets down so low they will send you a msg (usually written and delivered to your room or inbox by your door), to put more money in your account. I hope that helped, and congrads on your first cruise. My first was a 7 day, and I didn't think that was long enough, wanted to turn around and get back on.

The deposit of a hundred dollars each, is to start your account, you can put in more if you like also. And yes it is for you to spend, when it gets down so low they will send you a msg (usually written and delivered to your room or inbox by your door), to put more money in your account. I hope that helped, and congrads on your first cruise. My first was a 7 day, and I didn't think that was long enough, wanted to turn around and get back on.

Thank you so much! I love how helpful everyone is on this board

. My question is are we going to be able to spend any of the upfront deposit? I assume no but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

upfront you will be charged 10.00pp per day for gratuities.

You have 24 hours to place the cash on your account once you are checked in. You can still use your sign and sail card for purchases during that 24 hours.

The line to the pursers desk will be super busy- wait til after dinner to place your cash

Actually, here's how to really do it...

Get to the ship on Embarkation Day as EARLY AS POSSIBLE...if you can be among the first Zone to board then you can go right to the Customer Service Desk right then and put the cash down on your account.

We settled up ours on the last night of the cruise and my GF had a negative balance of $50 some odd dollars because we bought some pics...while I had a positive balance of $1.44. We paid hers then and I took my $1.44 refund. I'd say on Debarkation Day when they scan your card if you owe money they aren't gonna let you off the ship til you settle up. They won't stop charging your S&S card as long as you let them swipe it.

Do all ports, now, have the Kiosk, at embarkation? I ask because, you don't need $100, you just need like $20 to set it up (You put in right in the kiosk). They just ask that within 24 hours you go to guest services and add the $10 a day gratuity. And, yes, you can spend it upfront. Matter of fact, before the kiosk, you had to wait in long lines at GS and we usually waited until dinner time (when there was less crowds), but we were always able to use our s&s card before we actually put $$ on it. Whatever you spend gets deducted as soon as you put $$ on it. If I remember correctly, the first day charges don't even show up until the next day.

We always only do Cash. That $100 per person is not "required" it's the "recommended amount per person. We just got off the dream on Saturday. A 7 day sailing with 5 people. We only put $400.00 on our card, and got a check for $39.00 back on our last day. I agree with the person who said to board early as well. We tried it do it during check in and the desk wasn't open yet to accept cash, since the last cruise cash cards hasn't been closed out yet. They told me as soon as we get on the ship go DIRECTLY to Guest services there will be NO line since no one is on the ship yet. We were in zone 6, got on the ship and had only 1 person in line in front of me. It worked our perfectly!

We are sailing the imagination for a quick 4 day in Februrary, Enjoy!

Archived