Laundry questions???

hlb76

Anyone else use the downy wrinkle release? Does it work well? I dont want to iron but I'm afraid our clothes might look bad after a long time in a suitcase.

Any comments on the purex 3 in 1 sheets? I used them on Spirit last year and my clothes came out dingy..like rusty water was used. I dont know if I should blame the sheets or the water?

I never travel without the Downy Wrinkle Release. Spritz anything wrinkled as you unpack it, follow the instructions to "tug" the fabric, and hang to dry. I don't even iron at home anymore. It won't give you a crisp, starched look, but it will take the wrinkles out and the scent is light but also freshens up the clothes from being in a suitcase.

I think the issue with the Purex sheets may have been the water. I've used them on several cruises as well as took them to Hawaii with me and they worked fine. Might not be quite as good as something like Tide for stain removal, but fine for just a general washing. Haven't had any issues with dinginess.

I, too, use both. Really like the Downey Wrinkle Remover, follow the directions and it gets rid of the wrinkles! Always have it on hand now.

The Purex sheets I used on our Princess cruise in April and it worked ok. Not as good as liquid detergent but easy to pack and use away from home. It was nice to not have to have a lot of luggage on that trip. We just washed our clothes and mixed and matched.:)

Anyone else use the downy wrinkle release? Does it work well? I dont want to iron but I'm afraid our clothes might look bad after a long time in a suitcase.

Any comments on the purex 3 in 1 sheets? I used them on Spirit last year and my clothes came out dingy..like rusty water was used. I dont know if I should blame the sheets or the water?

I use them both all the time and wouldn't leave home without them. The Downy Wrinkle Release works great. Just spray lightly and pull on the bottom of the item a bit (like the bottom of a shirt once you put it on the hanger)

For crisper items there is always the laundry room. Avoid it on formal day. Everyone remembers that they need to press their dress clothes THAT day.

Love the Purex 3-in-1 sheets. I would blame the dingy clothes on the water.....

I use the 3 in 1 sheets whenever we travel to Disney World since I don't want to pack a ton a laudry stuff. It has always worked fine- not as soft and good smelling as laundry would be with normal soap and fabric softener, but it was OK with no dingyness (if that is a word LOL!).

I think it may have been the water used in that washing machine...:(

Thanks everyone!!!

I too am a roller and normally do not have much of an issue! But we are staying 2 days pre-cruise in a hotel and don't want to unpack all of our nice clothes. I figure it's worth a try!

I assume the water was the issue not the sheets but still had to ask. I will not wash light colored clothes again! Not sure if all ships have icky water or just Spirit! Not worth the risk to me!

I love to coupon shop, so I got a few Downy Wrinkle Release and several sample packages of Tide for free on my last shopping trip. I plan to take those along with me on my next cruise. The 3 in 1 just doesn't seem to work that great at home, so I am scared to use them on the ship.

We always bring the downy wrikle release with us and it works great! However, on our first cruise I made the mistake of putting the bottle (and it was one of the bigger ones, not the small travel kind) in the suitcase (checked bag) and when we got our luggage it had leaked over everything. So now we buy a couple travel size ones and put it in our carryon luggage.

I ran to walmart last night to pick up wrinkle releaser and they where out of the downy so I picked up bounce. I sure hope it works!! Maybe I will try it at home and see if it worth the hassle. I did not find travel size

Archived