Looking for nice/upscale ideas: hotel for the day, spa, cabana rentals???

RQINFL

I'm trying to figure out what to do for the day in Barbados. Not looking to take a tour, or hang out in a party atmosphere. Don't want to shop.

Are there any nice restaurants that have lounge chairs or beach beds available to reserve? Or any hotels that you would recommend booking for one night in order to use the facilities?

I have seen a few places mentioned for day passes, however they don't seem to quite fit what I'm looking for. Do any of the day pass hotels offer cabana rentals?

Maybe have a spa treatment and lunch at Sandy Lane? Or a nice lunch followed by time at a nearby beach?

Does not need to be a whole day activity. Even just having a great lunch and maybe a drink or two overlooking the ocean would be nice.

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies!

If we have spa treatments and lunch at Sandy Lane would we be able to use any sort of spa pool or facilities? Or would we feel uncomfortable ~ like we can only go into certain areas?

Would it make more sense to book a room at one of the resorts you mentioned?

Sandy Lane can be restrictive. Even with lunch and a spa treatment I doubt you would have the run of the place. You could call or email and ask if their policies have changed.

As far as securing a room there, yes, you would have complete access being a guest however the winter room rates in the high season approach or exceed US$6,000 a night.

I think you may be more comfortable at The Crane. As I remember, they offer a couple of choices that would give you the run of the place for a nominal fee.

I can also tell you that Crane Beach is one of the most beautiful, breathtaking beaches in all of the Caribbean. It puts Sandy to shame. And their restaurants are top notch, too.

Most, if not all folks that visit The Crane absolutely love it and they cannot wait to return.

I think it is a wonderful choice and you will be quite pleased. :)

Thanks for the info! I looked into Sandy Lane and found the pricing to be less than that (granted it was the cheapest room, but hey probably would never go into it.) Must not be the peak/height of season. It sounds like the Crane would be a better option and much more reasonable. And I love a great beach. I guess I will look into day passes and if the options seem too restrictive can book a room. Don't really want to spend $1,000 for lunch and spa and feel restricted from exploring the property. Thanks again.

Archived