Chukka Zipline tour from Falmouth

SnowBird Cruzer

Hi,

I'm looking for info on Zipline tours out of Falmouth. That's were RCCL stops. I've seen some other threads talking about cruises that stop in Montego Bay.

I'm not sure how close they are and if tour companies operate out of both.

I've seen some discussion of Jamaica Zipline Adventure tours but their website doesn't mention coming to Falmouth.

Anyway, RCCL has a zipline that includes Dunns River. I'd like to do both, but I'd love to spend less than $139pp.

Anyone got ideas? I'd appreciate it.

I would also like information on the Chukka zipline tour from Falmouth. This tour is over $100 per person but it seems that most zipline tours are expensive. I would also like to know what the farm is like that you go to afterward. Tourist trap or fun place to have a Red Stripe?

From another thread, I contacted Jamaica Zipline tours to see if they operate out of Falmouth. The other comments gave them a good review.

This is the reply they sent me

"Thank you for choosing Jamaica Zipline Advneture Tours. Yes, we do pickup from the Falmouth Port. Tour and roundtrip transfer is US$110 per person. (Tour $89pp + $21pp r/trip transfer).

Their email address is: info@zipline-tours.com and the website is www.zipline-tours.com.

I'm still considering it. But $110pp is still $29pp less than Chukka. But there wouldn't be a trip to Dunns River Falls.

DRF seems pretty cool, but it also seems very touristy. I still can't decide if I want to go.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who has done Chukka.

I went to the RCCL site and read their Chukka zipline description from Falmouth. It's in a different location than the NCL one that's in the Cranbrook Flower Forest. I went ahead and booked the tour for next week. I'll have to post a review I guess. Wish me luck. I'm kinda old to be doing this!

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I went on the Chukka ziplining tour from Montego Bay earlier this year and had a blast. We had not done any ziplining before so I can't compare it to any other location, but we thought it was good and the guides were extremely friendly. They also start river tubing from the same location. My wife and I are taking a Royal Caribbean cruise in February and plan to do the ziplining/tubing combo that they offer.

I don't know whether the excursion offered from Falmouth goes to the same location as the one from Montego Bay, but the one I went to from Montego Bay wouldn't be too much farther to get to from Falmouth (Google Map says 18km vs. 27km). On the map below Montego Bay is the ship icon on the left, Falmouth is the ship icon on the right, and the ziplining tour was at the camera icon.

Capture.jpg.3dbf74af173a6cad021951db8bea7138.jpg

Archived