Visa Points for RCL

When (how soon prior to cruise) do u fill out the form for your RCL points?

Are people having more problems now w/it done online rather than having your choices sent via a certificate?

How does it get verified 1ce aboard (or if u are using points for a discount on a cruise)?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before but would appreciate anyone that could ans. them for me - cruising in appx 160 days..................Thanks so much for any help here! :)

C/BB

Are people having more problems now w/it done online rather than having your choices sent via a certificate?

How does it get verified 1ce aboard (or if u are using points for a discount on a cruise)?

I apologize if these questions have been asked before but would appreciate anyone that could ans. them for me - cruising in appx 160 days..................Thanks so much for any help here! :)

C/BB

I was told it would show on your booking, to call RCCL or TA (which ever you booked through) and ask for a new copy to be sent and it should be on it. I have a thread on here you can look at what the others told me.

Meg

The on-line system seems to be much more efficient than mailing in the certificates, but I would still leave plenty of time between when you submit and when you sail. You will get a confirmation email back and I would recommend taking that along just in case there are any questions on the ship. I redeemed some points on-line about a month ago and they still aren't posted to our account for a January cruise. It took about a week for C & A to respond to my email.

I called the redemption dept on Friday so that they could walk me thru the online procedure (I was afraid I would hit the wrong button) and they were so helpful. I cashed in 75,000 for a free cruise. He said it would take a few days to get it applied and I do have a TA and he said to call her and for her to call on Monday or Tuesday to get her okay (which I already did earlier - because it takes away from her profit). My cruise if May 2012, he also said if I have anymore pts. before my cruise I can get those applied for obc or money off the same cruise. It was so easy and they are very helpful - hope this helps :)

Back in early September, I submitted a request for 2 $150 OBC for 2 consecutive cruises I have coming up. I received an e-mail verifying the transaction. On Monday of this week I called (1-888-305-4626) to confirm the transaction. I found that the OBC were applied only to the November cruise. The CSR was very helpful and sent an email the group that does the actual transfer, requesting a change. I was asked to call back near the end of the week to confirm the transfer. I did, and everything was all set.

I would recommend calling the number after the OBC has been applied just to verify.

C/BB

Hi...just wanted to share my BOA-RCI points redemption experience, so far:

Last Sunday(10/9/11) I redeemed 15,000 pts for the Grand Romance package and 5,000 pts for merchandise. My next RCI cruise is not until 6/2012 but guess what-- my merchandise arrived YESTERDAY!! I was told not to expect anything at my door for another 6-8wks. I was shocked I'd rec'd the package so fast! As for the Grand Romance package, the redemption agent I spoke with said it should be applied to my existing reservation within 3-7 days...have not seen it applied yet under 'gifts'...I'll keep watching for that. The online process is painless but yet, leaves you wondering if you will get what you applied for. I think I will always place a call after redeeming any points, just to make sure things are what I think they are. I still have lots of points left and will be earning more before the 6/2012 cruise. So far, the system is working very well for me!:)

Archived