Now matter which ship I'm on...

Izziebella

that's the one that nobody is talking about. We're leaving on the Spirit next Friday and I'm about to explode. There aren't any new reviews, no posts, nothing.

How about some spirit for the Spirit.

Actually, there's a huge roll call you might want to read. I've also seen some other info on the Spirit here and there in the last few weeks from recent cruisers. Here's the roll call : http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1324252

I just read a review from the Spirit. B2B Mexican Cruise or something like that. They did 3 days from Vancouver to California and then 7 days Mexican Riviera I think? Anyway, it's only been in the past week so shouldn't be hard to find.

I just read a review from the Spirit. B2B Mexican Cruise or something like that. They did 3 days from Vancouver to California and then 7 days Mexican Riviera I think? Anyway, it's only been in the past week so shouldn't be hard to find.

I did follow that thread for a while, there was lots of great information in it. But as the trip gets closer I need more and more info to keep myself calm.

It's okay, we're both middle school teachers so even a BAD day on a cruise ship is better than a GOOD day with pre-teens!:eek:

I know that's right! I teach high school. Every day my students act up, I just close my eyes and say, "December 20th can't come fast enough." My students get a kick out of that, because they know I'm cruising, but they also know to get back on task and behave. They're good kids; they just try my nerves sometimes. :D

I don't know how you teach middle school. That age group makes me want to open my wrists! :eek:

that's the one that nobody is talking about. We're leaving on the Spirit next Friday and I'm about to explode. There aren't any new reviews, no posts, nothing.

So what exactly do you want to know?:confused: I've been on the Spirit 9 times so ask away.

We did a Spririt Alaska itinerary this summer and we LOVED the ship. It was our 2nd Spirit class ship and I really, really, liked the decor. The staff were all friendly, the food was fine - nothing exceptional but not bad, and the CD was an Aussie named Stu who did a great job. Our waiter, Mladen, is now back in Eastern Europe since his contract ended early Oct. We had Your Time dining which was ok but did tend to have long waits at peak periods if you want the same waiter as we did.

Enjoy your Spirit cruise! :D

I feel the same way! First with Ecstasy now with Triumph.

I feel like dh and I are going to be the only ones on this boat!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Let's see what do I want to know....

Does the San Pedro port have a VIP lounge, does it have a comfortable waiting area or do you wait outside (what if it rains). I know San Pedro had a couple of rough starts/ends the last 2 cruises, has it gotten better?

Is there an adults area/pool? Does it have the retractable roof in case of rain?

What about the Cafe (with the special desserts and coffee), does the Spirit class have this?

This is a 9 day sailing, how does the dinner menu work? Does it repeat halfway through? Have the new menus gotten to the Spirit yet?

Which ports do you have to tender into?

and any other info you think we should know.

Let's see what do I want to know....

Does the San Pedro port have a VIP lounge, does it have a comfortable waiting area or do you wait outside (what if it rains). I know San Pedro had a couple of rough starts/ends the last 2 cruises, has it gotten better?

I can't answer your questions, but you may want to try the Princess or Disney boards since they leave from San Pedro. Someone may have the info you're looking for. Or you can try the West Coast departures threads as well. Here is a link to a thread I've been following about San Pedro. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1343892&highlight=san+pedro

Hope this helps!

Well, I can answer one of your questions!

Cabo is the only tender port. ;)

I've been to the Mex Riviera many times, first time on Spirit coming up also. :)

Oh, one more.............San Pedro only has Vip lounge at one berth, I don't think the Spirit docks at that berth.

So what exactly do you want to know?:confused: I've been on the Spirit 9 times so ask away.

I was kind of curious, are there any must sees or must dos on the Spirit. Any secret doors or stuff like that. You know how other ships have some cool stuff to see but just tucked away where no one notices it.

Can you go to the very front of the ship?

How many different places are there to eat on the ship ie cafe, pizza bars, delis? Any fish and chips stations or rotisserie like on Splendor?

Are there any tucked away spots that are quiet where you can read a book and get some incredible views?

How many pools and hot tubs does the Spirit have? And do they have an adult pool?

Thanks so much in advance!

Well, I can answer one of your questions!

Cabo is the only tender port. ;)

I've been to the Mex Riviera many times, first time on Spirit coming up also. :)

Oh, one more.............San Pedro only has Vip lounge at one berth, I don't think the Spirit docks at that berth.

One responder earlier said San Pedro has a VIP lounge at berth 93, which is the berth we will be leaving from, but no VIP lounge at 91/92, which is the berth we will be returning to, so I guess we'll see on Friday. The Spirit alternates, leaves from 93 for the 9-day and from 91/92 for the 5-day.

I was kind of curious, are there any must sees or must dos on the Spirit. Any secret doors or stuff like that. You know how other ships have some cool stuff to see but just tucked away where no one notices it.

Can you go to the very front of the ship?

How many different places are there to eat on the ship ie cafe, pizza bars, delis? Any fish and chips stations or rotisserie like on Splendor?

Are there any tucked away spots that are quiet where you can read a book and get some incredible views?

How many pools and hot tubs does the Spirit have? And do they have an adult pool?

Thanks so much in advance!

Here's some interesting info on the Spirit, go to Other, lots of things to read : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival+Spirit. Having been on the Spirit once before (and the Pride too), no you can't go all the way to the front of the ship at the pointy part, that's a crew-only area, but there are some front areas you can go above that, under the bridge, etc. The Spirit has 3 pools, not sure how many hot tubs, we don't do those. One of the mid-ship pools has a cover should it be needed, but the adult pool on the aft doesn't have a cover, except a pretty big cover over the Fantail bar seating area, we spend lots of time there. The quietest indoor area is the Jungle along the sides of the ship around Pharoah's Lounge at the front of the ship, lots of big round windows and chairs and tables, rarely saw anyone there and the few that were were reading.

Thank you, what about for the food. What food stations do they have? Like a cafe, deli, etc. I want to try all of them, of course spread out over the 9 days, not all the same day.;):D What are your favorites to eat and do on the ship?

Is the Fountain Cafe free or for purchase?

Which eating places are open late night? Like 2am?

How would you rate/compare the twister waterslide to say Splendor's waterslide?

Thank you, what about for the food. What food stations do they have? Like a cafe, deli, etc. I want to try all of them, of course spread out over the 9 days, not all the same day.;):D What are your favorites to eat and do on the ship?

Is the Fountain Cafe free or for purchase?

Which eating places are open late night? Like 2am?

Let's answer your last question First.....2am....you're stuck w/pizza, ice cream,coffee or tea. Or room service.

Fountain cafe....for purchase.

For the most part...if it's not on deck 9..or mdr...it's not free! Exception is sushi bar on deck 2 forward. Open from 5:00pm-8:00pm.

I'm a simple guy...I love the ice cream/yogurt, burgers,fries, hot dogs, paninis, the ice cream bar...which is open on sea days 3:00-4:30pm... and the roast beef or turkey at the la playa grill. I only eat dinner in the mdr.

I usually spend my time wandering the ship, watching people gamble, sitting on my balcony, eating, talking to new friends, enjoying a drink, eating, going to the shows in the main lounge or comedy club, taking a siesta whenever I feel like it, mini golf, ice cream,etc.icon10.gif This Oct.21st cruise will be my 6th on the Spirit....so I've seen everything on her a few times!

I'm a simple guy...I love the ice cream/yogurt, burgers,fries, hot dogs, paninis, the ice cream bar...which is open on sea days 3:00-4:30pm... and the roast beef or turkey at the la playa grill. I only eat dinner in the mdr.

I usually spend my time wandering the ship, watching people gamble, sitting on my balcony, eating, talking to new friends, enjoying a drink, eating, going to the shows in the main lounge or comedy club, taking a siesta whenever I feel like it, mini golf, ice cream,etc.icon10.gif This Oct.21st cruise will be my 6th on the Spirit....so I've seen everything on her a few times!

WOW! You just described me. This will be my first time on the Spirit and I"ve been looking forward to going on her for 2 years, ever since I started reading the awesome reviews about her. I am disappointed that I will only have got to cruise on Spirit once. I do love me some burgers and hot dogs, so I was hoping to get some of these late at night. We go to the dance club a few times and when we leave there, we are starving so that's why.

So does the Spirit have the Punchliner comedy club? I loved it on the other ships. Any idea of who the comedians will be on our cruise?

Here's some interesting info on the Spirit, go to Other, lots of things to read : http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Carnival+Spirit. Having been on the Spirit once before (and the Pride too), no you can't go all the way to the front of the ship at the pointy part, that's a crew-only area, but there are some front areas you can go above that, under the bridge, etc. The Spirit has 3 pools, not sure how many hot tubs, we don't do those. One of the mid-ship pools has a cover should it be needed, but the adult pool on the aft doesn't have a cover, except a pretty big cover over the Fantail bar seating area.

Interesting...the other ships we've been on the covered pool as been aft and it's super quiet and no children running around. Also being aft there is a great view of the wake being left behind by the ship. I'm interested to see, having the covered pool mid-ship what kind of crowd it will draw.

Archived