Need recommendations

Linco711

DH and I Need a recommendation for a shore excursion we would both enjoy in grand cayman. We are 63 and 62 and not too adventurous. DH has back problems and has had a hip replacement. I would like for him to get off the ship

For a little while, but not sure what we could do..thanks for your suggestions in advance..:) We will be on the freedom in January..

DH and I Need a recommendation for a shore excursion we would both enjoy in grand cayman. We are 63 and 62 and not too adventurous. DH has back problems and has had a hip replacement. I would like for him to get off the ship

For a little while, but not sure what we could do..thanks for your suggestions in advance..:) We will be on the freedom in January..

What about just taking a taxi to the Beach and renting some lounge chairs?

Photos in the link below of the types of chairs etc. at the beach in GC.

A long tour or taxi ride would be hard on your Husband's back I would think so a short drive to the beach might be better than trying to navigate on foot around town.

I am 60 and my DH is 64

:)

A long tour or taxi ride would be hard on your Husband's back I would think so a short drive to the beach might be better than trying to navigate on foot around town.

I am 60 and my DH is 64

Sounds good...Do you know the name of the beach?

I am 60 and my DH is 64

Tomko 2..I checked out your pictures which look awesome...It looks like 7 mile beach is beautiful..and was the other beach you would recommend Paradise Beach? Thanks for your help...:)

Tomko 2..I checked out your pictures which look awesome...It looks like 7 mile beach is beautiful..and was the other beach you would recommend Paradise Beach? Thanks for your help...:)

Glad you liked the photos. We generally ask the taxi driver (unfortunately it is usually a van in GC) to take us to the Grand Cayman Beach Suites (formerly Hyatt) on 7 Mile Beach. We walk thru the lobby then veer left and book lounge chairs/umbrella from a vendor. Often the taxis want to just go to the nearest part of 7 Mile Beach so be sure to tell them where you want to go.

Paradise Beach is on Cozumel. There are four operators on one strip of beach including Charlie n' Carlos (where we go), Playa San Francisco and Paradise Beach (this one has water slides etc which you pay to use).

It is about a 10 minutes taxi ride from the Pier (rates are posted).

The massages offered there are quite good and very, very reasonable.

We agree to spend $20 in food/drink in exchange for two lounge chairs and an umbrella. Even if we don't want the food or drink we are happy with the price.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Archived