GC port authority says one day in port, RCL intinerary says another?

A fellow poster was looking at the Grand Cayman Port Authority web site and noticed that the 5/22 Mainer of the Seas was scheduled to be in port Wednesday, May 25th. The two weeks prior it DOES have it on Thursday!

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule.htm

The RCCL site says we visit on Thursday, May 26.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000HbMo0z-EZEG9z_uStXFKEbv:v29bc620?packageCode=MA07PCW1&sailDate=1050522&date=20052&selectedCurrencyCode=&back_link_text=Search+Results&promoType=

I've e-mail the port authority. I spoke to RCCL and they said they had no changes on their schedule for that week.

I'm also going to e-mail native way, the company I have the excursion booked with.

Anybody else have this happen?

Jacquelyn :D

Looks to me like someone typed in the wrong information. If you look at the Month of May for the caymen calendar. It is on Thursday. If you try to use the other option with vessel name and date then it is wrong.

They said the 5/22 Mariner of the Seas IS scheduled to port on Wednesday. Looking at their schedule, this is true all the way to mid-November. Another poster got the same info.

I can't seem to find info on the ports at Cozumel and Jamaica. I suppose the Mariner could port at GC on Wed, go back and hit Jamaica on Thursday then Cozumel on Friday.

Our shore excursion with Native Way said "No Worries, either day is fine". :)

Any one know who at RCCL I could talk to/e-mail on this? The two times I've called them they still seem clueless!

BUT I'm sure they get their info from the cruise lines, not the ports, or maybe a combo of both.

I just don't want to get on the ship and have them tell us..."we will not be stopping at Grand Cayman due to itinerary changes beyond our control" when they COULD have done something about it ahead of time!!

I got this reply on 4/5/05:

Please be advised that the Mariner of the Seas is scheduled for Grand Cayman May 25th 2005.

Regards,

Katherine Smalldon

Administrative Assistant

As of today, the site has been corrected! Glad to know it was an administrative error! Would have been nice of them to let me know :rolleyes:

Oh, well, as long as it is correct! :)

Archived