Last minute questions

shuyak

We are taking in-laws (80th's walking with canes) for a last minute cruise; will arrive St Maarten on 11/5/11 (Sat). Possible points of interest are Butterfly farm, Orient beach (brief), and Marigot. The only tour including all 3 stops that I can find is by Island Marketing ltd. which I did not find any review available.

Looking for suggestions:

(1) Should we use Island Marketing Ltd. or hire taxi at port, or other suggested private tour on budget?

(2) Being Sat, which stop is better as the first Butterfly farm or Marigot?

(3) Which restaurant for local flavor lunch: Yvett's? Talk of the Town? Lolo's, or other?

Thank you!

We are taking in-laws (80th's walking with canes) for a last minute cruise; will arrive St Maarten on 11/5/11 (Sat). Possible points of interest are Butterfly farm, Orient beach (brief), and Marigot. The only tour including all 3 stops that I can find is by Island Marketing ltd. which I did not find any review available.

Looking for suggestions:

(1) Should we use Island Marketing Ltd. or hire taxi at port, or other suggested private tour on budget?

(2) Being Sat, which stop is better as the first Butterfly farm or Marigot?

(3) Which restaurant for local flavor lunch: Yvett's? Talk of the Town? Lolo's, or other?

Thank you!

Both Marigot and the Butterfly Farm would be best to visit in the morning so this is a difficult question to answer. If it is a warm and sunny day I would go to the Butterfly farm at 9 when it opens. You may see the butterflies come out of their crysillis which would be neat. If it is raining then you might want to wait and go later if the weather clears because the butterflies don't fly as much when it is raining. You may also want to check to see when the tours go and go at the opposite time, since the Butterfly farm is not that big of a place. Marigot is also nice on a Saturday morning because it is Market day. Considering that you want to visit Grand Case as well I think that ideally you should plan on arriving at the butterfly farm at 9 and stay for 1-1 1/2 hours and then go to Marigot for an hour and a half or so. The shops close down around 12 or 1 for siesta so keep that in mind. With this plan you would arrive in Grand Case around 12:30-1pm which would be just in time for lunch.

Karysa: Thanks for the suggestions and info. Will watch out the weather and be flexible - we have to anyway with the seniors. There are only 2 ships at port that day, finding a taxi should not be a problem. Thanks.

<snip>

Thank you!

We really like Yvette's, but it's located in Quartier D'Orléans, and may not fit into your schedule at the right time for lunch.

Talk of the Town is one of the lolo's in Grand Case, but we prefer Germaine's, adjacent, and Calmos Cafe, maybe 100 yards away for lunch.

gary

Archived