Let's get real as far as showing up for excurisions

BUCKGILBERT

:confused:

Peolpe that book excursions and don't show up in time should be shot or worse. To leave 30 or so people hanging because they have a hang over or could not rember to change their clocks is not nice.

Yes we are all on vacation but there is the responsilibity factor of reserving an excursion and knowing that others have reserved the same one and showing up for the excursion.

My wife Sharon and I had to wait for about 45 minutes for a couple that never showed up. Waste of our time. Fortunatly our Guide, Tomato, was very friendly or I think we would have just canceled.:confused:

We were refered to Tomato by Mazatlan Frank and he was right on the money. Tomato was great.

Just a word to you laggers. Don't reserve if you don't plan on showing up. Makes it easier on all of us that do.

Buck and Sharon Gilbert

I say leave 'em whever they are - whether they don't bother to get off the ship or don't get back to the group in time. Everyone knows the rules when you sign up - why should everyone else (the 'law abiding ones') suffer the consequences?

Our group of nine rode with Randi's Happy Horses last week. I had read on here that people had tried to reserve with her for that day and that she was booked solid. We booked several months ahead. Well, the day came and several people never showed. She waited. And waited. I was the only one in our group who didn't ride - I just did the transportation part while the rest of my family had a wonderful ride with great guides. I feel sorry for those that wanted to ride and had to be turned away because others didn't bother to cancel and just plain didn't show up. Randi was waiting with signs and couldn't be missed. SO, if she says she's booked solid ahead of time and you want to ride stop by and ask her if she has had cancellations - you just might be able to get in on this very fun day with great people. Our group had a ball! Of course, emergency situations are understandable, but, please don't just be a NO SHOW! Someone else may like to fill your place!

te he te he te he! Bucky, I'm following you around on the boards now instead of the ship!!

I can't agree more with what has been said. I was there the same day as Bucky and I had people in my group (at least 6) that wanted to ride with us that day and couldn't because she was supposed to be full. I wish I would have been able to find them that morning to tell them they could go.

This sets up a bad situation for Randi. She can be like the airlines and over book her tours and hope for cancellations, or keep to the honest way of doing business and hope for responsible customers. If you change your mind, fine, but send someone out to let her know so she doesn't have to sit out there and wait and wait.

They are in every group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were on an excursion and at the END we were able to go and do our own thing for an hour or so and some people were 30 minutes late getting back to the bus to go back to the ship. We should have left them there. Needless to say, everyone were not very happy with them when they did finally show up....

THAT IS JUST PLAIN RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!

So they are not just late showing up for the excursion but they are also late after the excursion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

I am just boosting this back to page1 - we also wasted time waiting with Randi for some losers who at the last minute decided not to 'ride'. Randi is kind enough to let people pay AFTER the ride - and then people go and take advantage of her! We had to pay way ahead by credit card for every other tour we booked and we certainly wouldn't have got our money back if we would have decided we didn't 'feel like' going at the last minute. I wouldn't blame Randi at all if she starts wanting people to pre-pay (and I would be happy to) Jayna K

Archived