Question about activities in Camp Carnival and Circle C

mostofus

I have an 11 yr old daughter (sweet girl) she just looks mature enough to be 14 and is pretty grown up for her age. I have a son who is 14 at is 6 ft tall and looks like he is 17. This is the first cruise for both of them, and they are looking forward to getting to know other kids on the cruise. I have told them both that I don't think there is any way either of them will get to bump up a level and go to the upper group. But I think they are both going to be out of their elements with these younger kids. Especially my 11 yr. old is not going to want to hang around 4 yr. olds.

Has anyone had any experience with the kids clubs, do they let you bump up a level? or are the kids able to walk into the older clubs if they want to? I would hate for them to be bummed out because they are hanging out with lots of younger kids but I haven't said anything to either of them yet, not trying to stir the pot with them yet. What do you think?

I don't think they will allow this. On our cruise we returned from Friday there was a family in front of us who wanted their older child (maybe 8) to stay in with the 2-4 group because she was the only one who spoke english and no counselor spoke their native language and the answer by the counselors was NO. However the group your 11 year old is in will start at age 9, not 4.

I don't think they will allow this. On our cruise we returned from Friday there was a family in front of us who wanted their older child (maybe 8) to stay in with the 2-4 group because she was the only one who spoke english and no counselor spoke their native language and the answer by the counselors was NO. However the group your 11 year old is in will start at age 9, not 4.

Oh, 9 won't be so bad for her then, she does play with younger kids pretty well. But I don't think my 14 yr. old is going to like it too much. But I am not going to read into it for them, I want them to make up their minds for themselves, just thought I would get some info in advance. Thanks!

I know how you feel! My daughter, who turned 12 last week looks about 15/16. I had someone over the summer ask if she was going into high school! She is now almost 5'9". Im 5'8"! lol

Her and I are cruising together in January and leaving dad at home. Hopefully she will pal around with me but I expect she is going to want to mingle in the kids clubs too!

Oh, 9 won't be so bad for her then, she does play with younger kids pretty well. But I don't think my 14 yr. old is going to like it too much. But I am not going to read into it for them, I want them to make up their minds for themselves, just thought I would get some info in advance. Thanks!

Just an FYI..her group is ages 9-11 and his will be 12-14. I agree with no "swaying" their decisions. Who knows, maybe if they go they will meet kids their age who also doesn't want to be there due to the "upper end of the age scale". My kids are only 7, 3 and 3 and I was worried about them not liking it but to my surprise they woke at 7AM each morning begging to go and my 7 year old even wanted to stay during ports and we had to talk her out of it. The counselors seem to do a really good job of choosing age appropriate activities so I hope your kids will enjoy it.

Archived