no more topless sunbathing?

cruisenotbooze

LOL - the topless deck was still there on our first cruise in 2006. My DH woke up really early one morning and decided to head up there. No one was there andhe grabbed a lounger and his book. He said it was great entertainment watching guys come up the stairs on one side, realize there was just one hairy guy up there, and head right back down the stairs on the other side. :p

DW and I used to go up to F deck fairly often on sea days, always a nice breeze and never crowded. It was funny to watch these old guys creep up the stairs, go directly to the rail and pretend to be so interested in the horizon. I always though it was funny they had drink servers up there, I mean, that must have been the #1 job for servers on the whole ship!:)

LOL - the topless deck was still there on our first cruise in 2006. My DH woke up really early one morning and decided to head up there. No one was there andhe grabbed a lounger and his book. He said it was great entertainment watching guys come up the stairs on one side, realize there was just one hairy guy up there, and head right back down the stairs on the other side. :p

LOL! I can just picture that!!:p

In 2007? I sailed on the Conquest with a topless deck. There was a banner wrapping around the railing so nothing could be seen from the slides.

We mainly went up there because it was the closest we could get to a serenity adult only area at the time. There were only a couple lady's who took advantage of the deck. They had signs at the bottom warning about being topless, but all that did was intrigue the kids to climb the stairs and get a peak.

As much as I support the cause, It really was a waste of space since so few used it.

On my cruise this past may the Triumph had a similar deck (same level with nothing up there) but was not topless. We lounged with only a few other people and fell asleep, when we woke up an hour later it looked like spring break. It was complete grid lock of lounge chairs and recent high school graduates.

In 2007? I sailed on the Conquest with a topless deck. There was a banner wrapping around the railing so nothing could be seen from the slides.

We mainly went up there because it was the closest we could get to a serenity adult only area at the time. There were only a couple lady's who took advantage of the deck. They had signs at the bottom warning about being topless, but all that did was intrigue the kids to climb the stairs and get a peak.

As much as I support the cause, It really was a waste of space since so few used it.

On my cruise this past may the Triumph had a similar deck (same level with nothing up there) but was not topless. We lounged with only a few other people and fell asleep, when we woke up an hour later it looked like spring break. It was complete grid lock of lounge chairs and recent high school graduates.

My husband said the same thing. Kind of like a serenity deck. It was the quietest place on the ship to hang out and read. Although he'll admit he also wasn't opposed to the "scenery" when there were other people up there. :p

Offended or not, I usually find an out of the way corner to sunbathe topless and I've never been asked to cover up. Even managed to on the Freedom's Serenity area last year and started a "trend". The attendant said we were the first people she had ever had do that but she was from Europe where it was common. I won't do it in an area where children are permitted however, not because I have an issue with it but because others might.

Costa is topless optional on the whole ship and when I found out the man sitting next to me was a Baptist minister I warned him I was rolling over sans top and he just grinned...live and learn.

Archived