Good deals on NCL?

Stinkybaby

Hi,

Last year I went on a 3 night cruise from Miami to the Bahamas on the Norwegian Sky. We really loved it, and we are thinking of going on a 7 nighter going to the Western Caribbean from Tampa, Fl in March. Does anyone know how to get the best deal on cruises? Last time I booked I noticed that the price dropped from the time I booked until the time of departure, which was annoying. I feel like I should go ahead and book early though. Is there any advantage for being a past cruiser? Thanks for any advice!!!

You can book it now and keep an eye on the prices. If the price drops before your final payment is due, you can get that price through your PCC. I have done it twice for my January cruise. As long as it is before final payment date, you can keep changing things around without loosing anything.

What is a PCC? Sorry I'm kind of a newb

Personal cruise consultant. Some on here have a cruise consultant at NCL that they deal with on a continual basis. If you don't have one and see a price drop before final payment, just call the regular phone number and ask to rebook at the lower rate.

Just remember that if you do this you will only be eligible for any promotion at the new time. So if you have originally booked getting for example $100 OBC (on board credit) and there is no OBC promotion at the new time it will be lost. So you have to take that into consideration when looking at new rates. You also have to be aware if you see something like "only available for new bookings" that you probably won't be eligible.

Closer to your cruise date (after final payment) you will notice sometimes that the price has really dropped. This is like a clearance sale to book the remaining cabins so the ship sails full. Some have claimed they have been able to wrangle a little more out of NCL because of this, but that is not the norm and therefore after final payment you are just wise to quit looking at prices and just anticipate that they will have clearance sales on the remaining cabins left.

Archived