Paid off early now a price drop

ashley0826

So I have been trying to contact them but was on the phone forever! My final payment wasn't due till Nov 11 however I payed it off last week. The price has dropped now so am I out of luck or do they still honor it being that it is not past the official final payment date?

So I have been trying to contact them but was on the phone forever! My final payment wasn't due till Nov 11 however I payed it off last week. The price has dropped now so am I out of luck or do they still honor it being that it is not past the official final payment date?

If they is Carnival, then yes they will usually refund the money back to your credit card. If they is a TA, it would depend on their policies.

You can also just have them add it as OBC (on board credit). If you have any remaining they will cut a check for the difference on the last night. This way you already have money "put away" for what you would spend on the ship itself.

I did this for my Magic Mediterranean cruise in June. I paid it off about a month ahead of time and started getting price drops. I just used the ES forms and had them ad it as credit. By the time the ship sailed I had $1,200 in OBC ($200 from a Future Cruise Certificate). At the end of the cruise I had about $250 left and I received it in the form of a check at the end of the cruise.

Credit from price drops under Early Saver is indeed refundable at the end, however, OBC from a FCC (future cruise certificate) is not. The best thing is that Carnival uses the "non-refundable" credit first.

I liked doing it this way because I had already spent the money so I figured i could leave it on and let it go towards the amount I would have spent on the ship. It worked out well and it was great not having to put money aside for our onboard expensis

did you book the early saver rate? If so you can get price reductions up until 2 business days before sailing.

If other rates you are still good up until the final payment date regardless of whether it's paid in full or not.

Bill

Archived