HELP! My message board letters are so big I can't read them!

Sandycruise

Hi! I hope someone can help me out here! My cat walked across my keyboard and somehow my font for his message board changed to this huge print that I can hardly read. Does anyone know how I can fix this. icon_eek.gif It is giving me a headache to try and read this.

Thanks!

Sandy

Carn. Jubilee, Nov 13,2000

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

NCL Dawn, Oct. 31, 2004 (find us at the roll call!)

Sandy and Len, Mom and Dad, BahamaMomma, DJ and family

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=5023051067&m=7733089657

If that does not work on the tool bar on IE go to View then text size and change to smaller.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

Sandy I really laughed when I read your post. It's not funny for you I'm sure but, I have four cats and know how hard it can be to work on the computer when they are around. Sometimes they pounce and try to attack the cursor as I move it or one of them sits on top of the monitor with her tail hanging over the screen blocking some crucial part.

None of my cats are computer savy enough to have changed my script size though!

Now you will really have something to laugh about. While I was trying the toolbar solution, Coco the evil kitty jumped on my leg and started losing his balance, so his claws came out to get ahold of me. I was in so much pain I yelled, which made him jump straight up in the air and land...guess where?...ON MY KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my number 3 key has snapped off. I can't believe Mr. Kitty has had such a bad run with the computer. At least it looks like the toolbar solution has worked for reading the posts, though this reply font still looks a little big. Thanks for the help.

P.S. notice the time, it happended while you were posting! icon_biggrin.gif

Sandy

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=5023051067&m=7733089657

Geez Sandy !

I guess I better stop complaining about my "manly" Golden Retriever who loves to be brushed and have his nails done!!! icon_biggrin.gif He actually falls asleep when we use a grinder on his nails...what a nutcase and a high maintenance animal!

Since I work from home on my computer ALOT (I.m an accountant), my clients will appreciate if I stick to dogs! icon_wink.gif

Good luck... icon_smile.gif

Bobbie

Days until our next cruise - NCL Dawn - April 25, 2004 !!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;25;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Cruises so far:

Norwegian Dawn - April 2003

Sandy,

You have my heartfelt sympathies. My cats have made my computer do things that I can't duplicate. I also know all about the cat sliding off the lap and throwing a meathook into your leg to keep it's balance. I've never had one break my keyboard though.

You win! icon_smile.gif

Doug

NCL 6 times

RCI 7 times

CCL soon to be 1 time

I want to apologize in advance....

I've often been told that I speak too technical to people so I'm sorry if I'm typing like you don't have a brain (which is how these directions sound to me)....I sincerely don't mean to sound that way but I don't know what your skill level is.

Is it the actual font or the entire window (I'm assuming you're on a pc and not a mac)?

If it's the entire window AND you have a scroll button mouse (that's the wheel between the two click tabs) the quick fix is move the scroll button while you are holding down the "ctrl" key. Moving the scroll button towards you makes it bigger and away from you makes it smaller.

I've often had to use this when my cats (and kids) start messing with the keyboard.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

Hey midthenight, good to know we have a computer literate person who can also explain things in simple terms to those with less expertise. Hope you're still around the boards when I have my next cat or human (me) based problem icon_wink.gif

I'm always looking on one board or another or just look me up and email me. Yes, I am very computer literate which gets me into trouble at work all the time because I have a tendency to explain things in very techical terms to very non-technical people and expect them to understand what the heck I'm talking about. This was brought up in my last performance review so I am making a very strong effort to make my explanations in plain English... icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Thanks for being so concerned and for checking up on me. Yes, my computer is "all good" now, but my cat got ahold of my credit card and ordered abunch of cat toys and mice on the internet and now I have to deal with THAT! icon_wink.gif

HE HE HE! Thanks again, all, for your thoughtful concern and responses!

Sandy

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

Gotta love cat people! My hubby couldn't figure out why I was sitting on the floor using the computer until he saw a cat curled in the chair. I just couldn't bear to move her!

Karen

up next!

Dawn Princess April '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;30;14;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Karen - we have rearranged our house, life, bank account to accommodate three cats - and I have been known to sit on a chair when I really want to sit on the couch - but I draw the line at sitting on the floor to work the computer. LOL

Non-cat people will never understand us, will they?

We have 3 cats....They are "my" cats according to hubby (even though he was the one who rescued the oldest as a 4 week old kitten from an empty lot across the street from us whose momma disappeared/abandoned the litter).

Hubby still doesn't understand me. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

We have 4 cats now, three are mine one is my husband's. My husband is really more of a dog person but because of our schedules and my husband travelling etc. we haven't had a dog for many years. My husband always said when life was a little less hectic and he had more time he would get another dog.

We went to the humane society one day to drop something off and my husband saw a little kitten they had by the front counter. She was a pretty wild little thing and he started to play with her. Well the upshot was we went home with the kitten!

Now everytime we bring that cat to the vet for shots or whatever the vet jokes with us that we're bringing in 'Ed's dog'.

We have a "community building" project at work in which we discuss various questions. The last one was "would you put a pet to sleep if you were given 1 million dollars?" I, of course said no. When I asked my husband, he also said no. It's nice to know he really doesn't hate those cats! (I often catch him snuggling with them, but he won't admit it)

BTW- the people who own pets said no- the non pet people said yes. It's probably good they don't have pets!

My teenager also knows that grandma is coming to stay while we're cruising so the cats don't get lonely- my daughter can fend for herself!! I don't want pouting felines when I get back icon_smile.gif

Karen

up next!

Dawn Princess April '04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;4;30;14;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

OK, cat people, you are not going to believe this!

A while back I ordered a bunch of those free promotional DVD's from Disney with all the park info. I got a few because I give them out to friends and clients. (Yes, I am also addicted to Disney) Well, I put a different name on the others and one was my kitty Coco. The name I put was Coco Katz.

WELL< today in the mail, I got a Disney credit card offer to the Katz family because of Coco's excellent credit rating. I guess that earlier post was psychic! Luckily, he cannot fill out the form with his paws or I'd be in big trouble!

Sandy

NCL Sea, July 22,2001

Cel Zenith Oct 19, 2002

Carn. Pride Aug 27, 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smudge's mom:

I got you beat, Sandy.

I got a credit card offer for my DEAD cat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you took the $1M offer icon_wink.gif No wounder they made the offer.

Too easy - my cat made me say it or else she was going to stand on the keyboard again!

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

Archived