Beach for the Day

swefre17

We plan to go to The Boatyard or Lobster Alive in Carlisle Bay, walking distance from the cruise terminal (20-30 minutes) which looks absolutely lovely and has great reviews too.

May I suggest that you change your user name to other than your email address before you get all sorts of incoming mail that you probably will not want :eek:

Does Harbour Lights have a restaurant with outdoor seating that would be accessible to someone in a wheel chair? Where is Harbour Lights relative to the Boatyard. Have walked from pier to Boatyard and wondering if Harbour Lights would be walkable.

I would take the ship excursion to Brandon's Beach (Malibu Beach) which includes A/C bus, 1 drink token per person (Shirley Temple for the little ones) and gorgeous water colors. The Malibu rum distillery is there along with a beach club. Beautiful beach with white, powdered sugar sand, see link -

http://www.barbados.org/bcbrandons.htm

Don't think I'd walk from pier to Harbour Lights with a wheel chair. It's a 5 minute taxi ride though. Plenty of outdoor seating and great food!

A lot of our enjoyment on a cruise is wandering around the ports and walking along the water front especially since we can not go onto the beach. Last December, we walked from the pier to the Boatyard and it was a very pleasant walk. Barbados was one of the better ports for walking with a wheelchair. When we found the Boatyard, we did not go in as we did not feel we wanted to pay a cover charge to sit at a restaurant being unable to sit on the sand. We walked about a block past the boatyard and it did not appear that there was anything except buildings in that direction. We turned around and walked back to the pier. Looking at the map it appears had we continued we would have reached Harbour Lights.

How far is Harbour Lights from the Boatyard. Is the food typical comfort bar food or do they have Caribbean dishes and flying fish sandwiches? Is it inexpensive, moderate or expensive?

How far is Harbour Lights from the Boatyard. Is the food typical comfort bar food or do they have Caribbean dishes and flying fish sandwiches? Is it inexpensive, moderate or expensive?

Since I did not walk, I couldn't tell you. The prices were not expensive, and yes they have flying fish sandwiches. Bucket of beer specials too!

Any suggestions for a family beach day

We booked a resort for the day and we get to use their swimming pool and their beach, lounge chairs etc. The best price I found was on http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html

Ill post pics when we get back. We decided not to pay for the lunch as we were told we can buy food from some little food places on the beach for a lot less. Going to bring bottled water and a couple of snacks as well. never hurts to save a couple of dollars. Can't wait, really ready for this vacation!

I can't decided between the beach excursion or the boatyard. How busy is the boatyard. My Wife went their years ago and enjoyed it but not sure if it is a good place for young kids. Any pictures of the beach excursion would be great to see to try and help me decide

We go to Rockley Beach. It's one of our favorite beaches in the Caribbean.

Do you have any pictures from Rockley Beach. We are looking for a new beach to try this time. I did do a search for pictures but figured since you mentioned it, you may have some good pics and maybe even tips about going there. Thanks! :)

Hi,

If you want to see all the beaches - check out. I've produced this to help people see the beauty of Barbados.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com

It shows video of all the beaches,

best

Nick

Hi Nick! What a wonderful interactive map. It is delightful! Thank you for sharing. Being unfamiliar with Barbados, where might Carlisle Bay beach area be on this map? thanks, Jessica

• 3 months later...
We booked a resort for the day and we get to use their swimming pool and their beach, lounge chairs etc. The best price I found was on http://barbadoscruiseexcursions.com/BarbadosResortBeachBreak.html

Ill post pics when we get back. We decided not to pay for the lunch as we were told we can buy food from some little food places on the beach for a lot less. Going to bring bottled water and a couple of snacks as well. never hurts to save a couple of dollars. Can't wait, really ready for this vacation!

Where is this? What resort and what beach?

• 1 month later...

Archived