taxi to/from maho beach

euromaster

Arrive in St Martin(Phillipsburg) on a Wednesday. What is the cost of taxis from pier to Maho Beach? What time should we leave Maho to make it back to ship departure time 5:00PM? How easy is it to get taxis from Maho back to cruise pier? Where do you pick up taxis at Maho beach for return trip to pier?

At the pier in the morning the dispatchers will group you into a cab to Maho with others going there for the best fare, I think it was 7 pp but I haven't used the cabs in 18 months so don't know if that is still accurate. If just the two people then it will be a couple $$ higher.

Right now there is loads of construction going on on the roads from Maho to the pier, so a 20 minute trip might take twice that in the morning and 2+ hours in the afternoon if the Simpson drawbridge goes up. I would try to leave by 2-2:15 PM to allow a safety margin. The big planes come in mostly from 11:30 thru 2:15 depending on what day of the week you are there.

To get back walk along the access road next to the fence back towards the hotels on the other side of the runway and there will be cabs waiting. This is a big tourist attraction.

The below picture was taken from Sunset Bar and Grill, the best place to sit and watch. You can see the hotels across the runway.

2285710130096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived