Jamaica itinerary from Falmouth - Help Please

2happytx

We'll be on a Western Caribbean cruise with RCL in Dec and arrive in Jamaica via Falmouth at 8 AM (and need to return at 5 PM). After research, we thought of two possibilities of how we want to spend the time while in Jamaica (it will be our first visit to Jamaica and we don't want to stay in the ship!):

(1) Going to see Rose Hall, then continue to Doctor's Cave Beach; or

(1) Going to Dunn's Rivers Falls - it seems to be too commercialized and crowded. There are other falls, but seemed to be a bit far and not so sure if we'll have enough time.

Any opinion on this? Or other ideas that will fit our schedule? We're not interested to go to a resort-type place. In any case, do we need to go via a tour company? Thank you! :)

We will also be cruising, leaving december 10 with oasis of the seas. I have mixed feelings about stopping in Jamaica. We were there a couple of years ago and did Dunn's Falls. It was a terrific excursion and I think it is something that nobody should miss out on. Our guides were great till the end when they asked for a tip. I tip everyone for their services but I don't appreciate being asked so I was already miffed. I told the tour guide that I was heading towards my locker to get money and that I would be back. I didn't realize that he had followed me until I opened my locker turned around and he was standing a foot away behind me. The vendors made leaving the area of Dunn's Falls very difficult and we felt very intimidated. I would love to explore more of Jamaica but am still unsure.

Archived