WIFI on board the Ecstasy....

flgatormom29

I'm sure I can search this...but this is so much faster.

How much is it for an internet plan? We are going on a 4 night cruise in december and I can't go 4 nights without seeing my kids, never been away from them for a night! I'd love to be able to skype my girls every night, maybe for 10-15 mins a time. :D

Also, how does it work around the ship? Do I have to be in a certain spot? Can I do it from my cabin if i want to, or from the lido deck?

Just curious if it's worth it, or if I should look into an international plan on my cell phone. I just want to be able to talk to them everyday, not just when we are at port.....

I've used the WiFi all the way forward to aft and in between with no problems. You log on and create your account, you have to buy minutes, they come in packages. I would get the hour, as the connection is reeeeally slow.

It worked great for what I needed to do, check email, Facebook, etc. but I don't know how well it would do with Skype. It would probably work, but there would most likely be a crazy delay. Good luck! You'll love the Ecstasy!

You can also go on Carnival's web site, and use their site for free while you are on the ship.

Everyone who posts and answers posts on the Currently OnBoard Forum has to be registered. And is a public Forum, so everyone can see what is written.

Melanie

I've used the WiFi all the way forward to aft and in between with no problems. You log on and create your account, you have to buy minutes, they come in packages. I would get the hour, as the connection is reeeeally slow.

It worked great for what I needed to do, check email, Facebook, etc. but I don't know how well it would do with Skype. It would probably work, but there would most likely be a crazy delay. Good luck! You'll love the Ecstasy!

Hmmm... maybe we will TRY it. If i can't skype them, I don't know what I'm going to do! We will be gone thurs-mon morning and can only talk to them 2 days? :( I know that's pathetic...but makes me sad.

I'm sure I'll be fine, and they will too. I just want to talk to them, as this is my first time away.

You can also go on Carnival's web site, and use their site for free while you are on the ship.

Everyone who posts and answers posts on the Currently OnBoard Forum has to be registered. And is a public Forum, so everyone can see what is written.

Melanie

I've read about that before, but that wont really help with a 3 and 7 year old.... I can keep in touch with my mom, but I want to be able to talk to my kids....

Archived