Fort Lauderdale to Miami Airport

lauraapp

There are 4 of us traveling from the Port at Fort Lauderdale to Miami airport...Has anyone tried the tri rail? What would be the most economical way?

I seriously considered that option for our trip last month, but the research I did made me decide not to. What I read is that it is primarily a commuter train and not really designed for vacationers - no place to put luggage, etc.

You should be able to get a shared shuttle for $60-$75. A taxi would probably be a little more. Your cheapest option may very well be a one way rental. We did a one way rental from FLL to MIA before our cruise and the other way after the cruise. Each way cost us about $30 with taxes for an intermediate car, not including gas. Rental prices will depend a lot on the time of year and what else may be going on. The best prices will probably be closer to your departure date. The bonus is, depending on the time of your flight, you can make a stop or two before going to the airport.

Archived