Camp Carnival Ecstasy Question

gubbs74

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for any reviews regarding Camp Carnival on the Ecstasy. We are trying to decide which ship to go on next and Camp Carnival is an important factor since we will be bringing our 7 year old son. He loved it on the Destiny, so I'm looking for reviews from any other parents.

If anyone has any Carnival Capers to post or links to them, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all for the help!

Steve

I don't have the Jr. Capers, but I can tell you that my grandson loved Camp Carnival on the Ecstasy in August. He was in the 6-8 age group on the Ecstasy (he was one month shy of 7). He went every morning from about 9:45 or 10am until 12:45. We picked him up for lunch and he always wanted to go back at 2pm. We picked him up around 5 to get ready for early dinner and he was back in camp at 7pm until 9:45 every night. They had movie nights, Wii competitions, craft activities, art projects, games, etc. We had to drag him off the ship in Port - he wanted to go to camp instead of the beach. Luckily another family who had kids in Camp Carnival were also at Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, so he was content playing with his friends. Make sure you fill out the forms in advance. They were vigilant about food allergies too and talked to us in advance when they were serving any snacks (such as popcorn on movie night) or called if they were unsure of any food.

Thank you for the reply! Our son had a great time at Camp on the Destiny as I mentioned. He kept wanting to go back rather than hang out with my wife and I.

We are looking at going on a smaller ship this time around. I'm hoping it has a more personal feel. Always looking at trying something different. :-)

My daughter was 7 when she went on her first cruise on the Ecstasy and she loved it! She said it was her fav part of the trip. The weather was really bad when we went. It rained every day and it was pretty cold. The kids were pretty much all cooped up inside and Camp Carnival made sure that they had a wonderful time! We are book on the Magic in December and my daughter is really excited about moving up into the 9-11 age group, she is 9 now! this time we will have our 3 year old with us too so we will see how that goes!!!

You will love the Ecstasy! I have cruise on her twice and even though the weather was terrible on the second I still had a great time!

My feelings are that on the Fantasy class they are going to be similar. My son loves the whole experience. He loves the personalized attention that you get when there are fewer kids - or when you are on longer (B2B).

While we haven't done Ecstasy. We had positive experiences on Sensation, Fantasy and Elation. He prefers it when fewer kids. The worst one was in August when there were over 1000 kids (half the ship) on the Sensation. It was a mad house. They ended up moving some of the activities do the Club areas because they didn't have the space for the kids.

Archived