Question about OS on deck 10 & 9

Rahi

Which has the larger room.. 10 or 9, on Jewel , or Gem.. should be the same which ever ship.. Thanks!

If I look at their "map" of room ..it looks like deck 9 has bigger room, and less balcony..and 10 reverse..right??

They are set up differently, but I believe that deck 10 has the larger inside space and deck 9 has then larger balcony space. More windows in 10, but a bit less privacy from the bridge on both balconies. deck 10 living room space is a bit more broken up, with a dining nook. Deck 9 may have a slightly smaller living room with dining table in it, but a better bar area and feels more spacious. Having stayed in both, it's a toss up to me.

Robin

Are the side balconies.. the same size? So we would have more light.. in deck 10? I have heard we have more deck privacy on deck 9.. sigh.. so many things that don't seem to add up!

Side balconies felt the same size. The privacy issue is because of the angle of viewing from the bridge. On deck 10, you are directly below and the front balcony is in about 3/4 view from the bridge, where deck 9 is lower and the angle allows about 50% (maybe more) to be seen from the bridge... On the side balcony, deck 10 is directly below the bridge glass bump-out and the side-of-ship camera is located right outside the bathroom window, but not pointed inside. Deck 9's side balcony is still in pretty good view from the bridge, but since you are farther below it, you don't really notice it. The camera that shows the forward view on the TV is mounted usually on the deck 9 starboard side balcony - you can only see yourself on TV if you jump up at the very edge of the balcony though :D (my kids did it lol).

I think both floors' balconies have equal sun, and the is one extra window in the deck 10 bathroom, allowing a bit more light but a bit less privacy feeling there.

Robin

Archived