Frank's Water sports vs. Stingray Sailing

peachpitts

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty in December with a stop in Cayman. I've read some things about Frank's and Stingray sailing, but can't decide on which one to use. Any suggestions? Also the ship will leave Cayman at 6pm and Stingray sailing tells me they will have me back the cruise terminal at 4:15pm. Is that enough time to tender back to the ship for a 6 pm sailing?:confused:

I've sent Frank 2 emails, have not gotten a reply to either one... about to give up on him. Really disappointed because he is the only one I can find that will just go snorkeling and not do the Rays. Any suggestions?

I've sent Frank 2 emails, have not gotten a reply to either one... about to give up on him. Really disappointed because he is the only one I can find that will just go snorkeling and not do the Rays. Any suggestions?

He replied to every email I sent within hours. Maybe you used the wrong email address? The one I had success with is cptfrank@candw.ky

Frank got back to me tonight. Unfortunately, he is only doing the snorkel and Rays the day we are in port :(. Shoot, now I have to find another snorkel only outfit, don't know if they exsist! Thanks for the help, got anymore advise?

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty in December with a stop in Cayman. I've read some things about Frank's and Stingray sailing, but can't decide on which one to use. Any suggestions? Also the ship will leave Cayman at 6pm and Stingray sailing tells me they will have me back the cruise terminal at 4:15pm. Is that enough time to tender back to the ship for a 6 pm sailing?:confused:

Yes it is - don't worry about that at all. Stingray Sailings does this every day and they wouldn't be in business if people missed their sailing.

• 2 months later...

We had a large group of 11 that booked online. Great communication and smooth process through paypal for the deposit.

Unfortunately, when we arrived in Grand Cayman the tours from the ship were all cancelled to the stingray sand bar. Chip met us at the tour area and informed us that the sand bar was closed to tours by the officials. They were to re-evaluate the situation in a couple of hours so Chip said he would take us out and hope they opened. He said he would not charge us if it did not open up - worst case, we would have a nice ride out and sail back. The catamaran was a wonderful experience for all as there was lots of room and places to sit.

When we got there Chip jumped into the ocean, swam over to the official and had a conversation with him. They were still closed but he got the ok to go over to the sand bar and we were all allowed to jump in for just a few minutes of swimming with the stingrays. Chip and the crew put up the sail and we had a wonderful cruise back to the dock. Really, the experience was wonderful even though it was "cancelled."

I would highly suggest Stingray Sailing as Chip and his crew were extremely ethical and went above and beyond even though they knew they were not getting paid for the trip. Obviously, we tipped well and thanked him for the experience that he did supply.

Next time we're in Grand Cayman we'll definitely go with Stingray Sailing.

Archived