Private tour costs-Italy

carlo7

I sent an e-mail to Sorrento Coast Drivers to inquire about a local tour when we arrive on Marina in April. The reply I received quoted a cost of $403 for 2 people for a tour that leaves around 0900 and returns sometime in the afternoon (time not specified). The e-mail was mostly about all the food we would be able to purchase with stops in Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello and Positano.

Since I have no experience with this tour of tour I was wondering if anyone has an opinion regarding the cost?

Thanks,

carlo7

These trips for 2 persons are indeed expensive. Once you have picked a tour go to your roll call and try to find someone to join you.

The pricing on the tour we picked came out to $250 per couple for 4 while with 6 it was $177 per couple. This included a trip to Pompeii with a guide plus a tour of the Amalfi coast.

I would do some research on the PORTS OF CALL forum for Italy

The private tours are indeed pricey for 2 the more people the less expensive but still up there

It is not like the Caribbean private tours

I guess it was the cost of the tour on Antigua we booked for next month that gave me the distorted frame of reference. We have booked a 6 hour tour for $100 for 2. If we find another couple the cost is $40 per person. Looks like Italy may have to wait until we can tour around by car when we go over after the Euro comes down a bit more.

I guess it was the cost of the tour on Antigua we booked for next month that gave me the distorted frame of reference. We have booked a 6 hour tour for $100 for 2. If we find another couple the cost is $40 per person. Looks like Italy may have to wait until we can tour around by car when we go over after the Euro comes down a bit more.

A couple of years ago I priced tours from Liverno to some towns near by

The prices ranged from 450E to 600E for 2-8 people respectively

You may have a long wait ;)

Archived