Everglades tour

Potstech

Will be arriving on the Island Princes on Feb 7 at its normal time. Flight does not leave FLL until 2:00. Is if possible to take an Everglades airboat tour in that amount of time and how would I get from the pier to the tour and then to the airport with all of our luggage. Also any idea of the cost. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Most cruiseship excursions for post cruise include an Everglades tour. However they get you back to the airport around 1:00 as I recall. And they won't take anyone who's plane leaves before 3:00.. or maybe 4.

I wouldn't attempt it. Altho it'd be faster without having to wait to load and unload the bus for the excursion, you DO have to pcik up a rental and return it on the end. Just my opinion. If you were leaving at 4, I'd do it. But too much can go wrong and I wouldn't want to be racing to catch my flight home.

I'd stay on the boat until the last minute and then head to the airport. Find a seat and relax for 4 hours. Not ideal I know.:o

Most cruiseship excursions for post cruise include an Everglades tour. However they get you back to the airport around 1:00 as I recall. And they won't take anyone who's plane leaves before 3:00.. or maybe 4.

I wouldn't attempt it. Altho it'd be faster without having to wait to load and unload the bus for the excursion, you DO have to pcik up a rental and return it on the end. Just my opinion. If you were leaving at 4, I'd do it. But too much can go wrong and I wouldn't want to be racing to catch my flight home.

I'd stay on the boat until the last minute and then head to the airport. Find a seat and relax for 4 hours. Not ideal I know.:o

That's my current plans but just thought I would try something a little different than sitting around the airport. Do not want to rent a car and thought there might be a tour company that picked up at the pier. Oh well guess it is sitting around the airport, again.

Yes, I'm afraid so. Unless someone here has heard of something for this upcoming year re a tour that picks up at the pier. Don't believe I have ever seen anything like that. We did the ship ex. and it was fine. But like I said we were at the airport mighty early...for our 6:00 flight! The airport has free wifi so I spent time online or reading. Was a long wait even with strolls in the few shops and a late lunch and an early happy hour drink.:rolleyes:

There are private shuttle companies that will pick you up from Port Everglades, go out for a 1 hour airboat ride and taky you back to the airport. They run about $45.00 per person (I think the airboat part might be additional) and the whole trip isn't more than three hours.

Yogi

• 3 weeks later...
There are private shuttle companies that will pick you up from Port Everglades, go out for a 1 hour airboat ride and taky you back to the airport. They run about $45.00 per person (I think the airboat part might be additional) and the whole trip isn't more than three hours.

Yogi

Any info on that would be appreciated.

Archived