Ruby Princess - best location for balconey?

hsaroya

Hi, everyone. I have been on 5 cruises, but have never had a balconey cabin - our July cruise on the Mediterranean with Ruby Princess will be our first balconey experience. We have been assigned Baja 206, which is the second cabin in from the front - anyone with balconey knowledge wish to comment on this assignment? Would appreciate any info while there's still time to make a switch. Thank you so much!

hsaroya

In general, forward balconies will have more up and down motion, midship balconies will have the least. Some people, however, specifically like the forward balconies for the motion which rocks them to sleep.

That said, did you book a BG guarantee or specific cabin BG? When did you book and when was your cabin assigned? There are only four BG cabins on the ship, and this far in advance it is unlikely they would be assigned unless your TA (or you) requested a specific cabin. If you change your booking to BG guarantee, it is likely you will go (back?) into an unassigned status.

Thanks for the information. We went through a travel agent and requested that the balconey cabin be across from an inside cabin which our children will be in. The agent got us B206 and B208. I noticed on our Princess itinerary that they also have those two cabins listed.

I keep reading posts about having a balconey on the correct side for viewing the scenery when sailing into or out of a port in the Mediterranean. For anyone who has done the Mediterranean, is there a 'correct side'? Thanks!

hsaroya

we are booked into C753 and out inside cabin is C747.

I only have one neighbor- my own private hall (or so it seems)

the balcony has no beam and will hold all 4 of us with added room.

--

Archived