Passport question

ms_shell

I'm ashamed to admit that at age 45, I've never had or needed a passport. Now, DH and I need them for our August cruise on the Tahitian Princess.

I went to the website and downloaded the forms, but we need photos.

Can we take the photos using our digital camera and print them on our photo printer at home, or do we need to go to a special "passport photo" place? I've read the photo requirements, and it looks doable, but I want to make sure its allowed.

Anybody else try this?

I'm not sure if you can take them youself or not, so I'm no help there. However, if you're a AAA member they offer free passport photos. We had ours taken at Kinko's. Many passport offices will take them for you as well. :)

Hi, ms shell. Yes, you can take the photo yourself, as long as you follow the photo guidelines as to size, background, number of photos to submit, etc. I submitted a "home" photo and it was accepted with no problem. Remember to print it on photo paper.

Yes, I used my Small Portable HP 375 Printer, this Printer is also battery operated and love it, I take it with me on Cruises to print 4x6 for people at our Dinner table. This HP 375 also does Passport Pictures 2x2, Just stick the Memory chip into it and print away. Email me for more info. I can print them for you if you like.

Archived