Waterproof camera w/decent video for < $200

Or around $200. Must be fairly simple to use, preferably point and shoot.

My DD who is 21 is mentally disabled, similar to autism. We found out this past summer she loves taking photos. I had gotten her one of the cheap easy share cameras a few years ago. She really used the camera and down loaded the photos each night to her Ipad. She was not into adjusting alot of controls so point and shoot is better. She would want something that you can turn off the auto flash though since she loves taking photos in the museums.

She actually has asked for a video camera for either her Nov. birthday or for Christmas. I thought it might be better to just get her a better camera that also has video. She loves the beach and swimming so a waterproof one would be best. That way she only has to keep up with one camera and can also have something for the water.

I looked at the Sony TX10 and liked it but it really has more gadgets and settings than she needs. I love the photo quality though. It's a little outside the budget but I can order cheaper on Amazon. I just think the extra settings would be wasted.

Is there another waterproof camera out there that takes good photos, decent video and is waterproof for around $200? Something that someone with a mental disability could use? I tried taking her to the store to look but she "liked" everyone she saw. I need to be the filter to get her the best for her. Something small is also a plus.

I have a Pentax W90, which takes awesome underwater HD video. They don't make that model anymore, but here's the next version. It does have quite a few settings, but you can just leave it on a general one and it works fine. You can turn the flash off. Good deal at Amazon.

Here's some video from the W90 when we snorkeled in Belize.

Archived