Fairfield Inn-Mobile

kas1234_97

Hey-

Right now I am booked at the Fairfield Inn in Mobile. Does anyone know if this is a decent hotel and if not any other suggestions? I would really appreciate it. I am going on the Holiday on 4/16. Can't wait!!

Thanks!!

I don't know if you are going to get a response because it is Mobile and not that many ships sail from this city.

Fairfields belong to the Marriott chain and are usually ok.

As a native of Mobile let me answer you. It is ok but I would recommend either the Holiday Inn Express downtown or the Radisson Admiral Semmes with the Radisson being my first choice if I was traveling. Good luck and if you have any other questions let me know.

Ok so this probably sounds awful but the Admiral is so expensive compared to what I am paying. I have not checked the Holiday Inn yet but I will. It is just me and a friend of mine and we want somewhere that is clean but we don't need somewhere classy. Does that make sense?

I really appreciate your opinion though so any other thoughts?

The hotels I gave you nice and close to the port. With this in mind I would still recommend them, however, there are some othe nice hotels that I can recommend: the Malaga Inn, Riverview Plaza and the Lafayette Plaza Hotel. I think you will find that the most reasonable in price will be the Lafeyette Plaza Hotel or the Riverview Plaza Hotel. If you want you can email me at speakupjc@aol.com.

I stayed at the Drury Inn in Mobile ( for business a couple of years ago.) Nothing fancy, but the room was fine. It is not a big hotel but more like a Hampton Inn. I think there was a Denny's right next to it. It is closer to the airport.

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn once. I thought it was over priced.

Here is a link to some hotels. It includes the ones mentioned by kas.

Mobile is a favorite of mine. It has some of the best food !!!

http://mobile.hotelguide.net/hl1ap.htm

http://mobile.hotelguide.net/

Thank you all so much for ALL of the responses. It is so nice to be able to come here and ask questions. This is my first time cruising and I tend to like to plan BIG time so I always have some many unknowns running through my head! THANKS AGAIN!!!

I think you will find tha the Lafeyette Plaza Hotel is around $69 a night plus tax and the Riverview Hotel is around $100 a night plus tax. These are right on Government Street, with great restaurants nearby and most importantly about 5-10 min. (tops) from the port. As a native of Mobile let me say that the location would make it worth it in my opinion and no I am not getting a kickback. You will find that Mobilians are some of the most wonderful people on earth!!!! Let me know if I can help further as a native of the city I know where all the great places are to dine, see etc.

I don't know if you are going to get a response because it is Mobile and not that many ships sail from this city.

Fairfields belong to the Marriott chain and are usually ok.

I have to differ.

I booked at the Fairfield Inn, Miami Airport in February and took one look at the room and ran out the door.

NOT all properties that fall under the Marriott name, are up to Marriott standards....this I assure you.

I have to differ.

I booked at the Fairfield Inn, Miami Airport in February and took one look at the room and ran out the door.

NOT all properties that fall under the Marriott name, are up to Marriott standards....this I assure you.

Thanks for the info !

speakupjc: We are sailing out of Mobile in June.... we will have 6&8 yr old boys along. We were thinking of going to the USS Battleship... any comments? And where is a fun/good place to eat with a few kids?

Thanks for any ideas of things to do, places to see, and places to eat!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hbasket1,

If your still looking for some info here goes my two cents (I grew up in Mobile area): The USS Battleship is a must see, great trip, good value--it also has a WWII submarine as well. In downtown Mobile there is a Kid's sceince museum and a 3D movie at the same location. Within walking distance to port. If you have a car, I also recommend driving over to Fairhope(20 mins from the port) to see the downtown and walk out on the pier. Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great time :)

The Battleship and Submarine is a great time for people of all ages so I highly recommend it. As far as food is concerned go to the Oyster House on the Bayway (it is down from the Battleship on the opposite side of the road). They have great seafood, a play area for the kids and a laid back atmosphere over looking the water. I would suggest going in the downstairs section as opposed to upstairs as it is more laid back. The museum of Mobile and Phoenix fire museum (both downtown) are two additonal things that your sons might enjoy. They are also building a new Emily Hearin Mardi Gras Museum which would be interesting. If time allows and it is warm enough go over to the fairhope pier and play in the sand or go to Gulf Shores. Additional places to eat are: the Captains Table (By the Battleship but try the Oyster House first for a real treat. They both have seafood) and Wintzell's (Seafood restaurant - it is downtown as well). If I can help you again please let me know.

Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel--I found pre cruise special for 99:

Park & Cruise Hotel Package

• Guestroom Accommodation for One Night

• Continental Breakfast in Oliver’s for Two

• Parking to be paid for by the hotel- In adjacent Mobile

County Parking Garage

• Complimentary shuttle service to and from the cruise

ship terminal (Based on Availability)

• Please make shuttle arrangements anytime prior to arrival

at 251-432-8000

$99.00 per night, plus taxes, and gratuities

* Based on double occupancy, based on availability