Cricket in Barbados

Wirral Girlie

After our cruise in November we have a few days in Barbados.

I see that there are Twenty/20 cricket matches taking place for the five days we are there....Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay on the day or do we have to pre-buy our tickets??

Many thanks

Kim

HI Kim

The cost is 15 dollars for any stand. on 11 th the start time is 6 pm for the opening ceremony, 7 pm for actual game. on 13 th the game starts at 4 pm.

Cricket attendance recently have been for poor as we don't bother too much these days but these are nostagia events so the crowds may be more to remenber tho old days. however they will not be sold out..

Enjoy your stay

Tony

Hi there Essexlass

There are no matches on interest for december as the West Indians will be away in India. The museum was recently open so i haven't been as yet but as it contain WI past greats is a hit with many visitors. It just opposite the ground .

wish we could turn back the years cricketwise but support regionally is at a low ebb. The last time England played here they had the ground to thmselves.

Tony

Hi there Essexlass

There are no matches on interest for december as the West Indians will be away in India. The museum was recently open so i haven't been as yet but as it contain WI past greats is a hit with many visitors. It just opposite the ground .

wish we could turn back the years cricketwise but support regionally is at a low ebb. The last time England played here they had the ground to thmselves.

Tony

Thanks Tony, we'll definitely visit the museum. Is it very far from the cruise port, say within walking distance? And is it anywhere near the Agapey Chocolate place where we're also hoping for a tour that day?

Thanks!

Thanks Tony! Do you know if the chocolate factory is also anywhere near there please? The address they have given me is -

AGAPEY CHOCOLATE FACTORY

Old Colgate Palmolive Building,

Harbour Industrial Park,

Bridgetown

Cricket for DH and choccy for me! :)

Hi again

Yes they are.

The choclate factory seems to be something new but it is located in the port area about 5 minutes away if that. So in effect you haven't really left the port .As for the musuem that is another 5 minitues away.

Anyone will direct you in any case you will see the flooghtlights so that will give you a clue in which direction to go.

Tony

Hi

I have seem many of visitors walking from port to Boatyard which is where Carlisle bay is located. I would say it will take about 15 - 20 minutes depending on pace.

Now the choclate factory and the musuem are close by . Say you went to the factory and then the musuem then a walk to Carlisle will take a toll. A taxi ride is about 10 minutes depending on traffic. Cost wise I suspect 10 US but taxi s can vary .

Best option take a taxi enquire as you leave port as to cost.

Tony

Hi Essexlass

Where ic Carlisle Bay are you heading? It is a long strech of beach with Boatyard complex at on end Hilton hotel at the other. You can still see the port so it ain't far maybe a mile or so The cost will depend on where you exit i think. Best to do that after you done your tours

A taxi pass through the town and can be hectic at times.

Still your best option is a taxi ride . It worth the visit if you like the beach.

Tony

Hi Tony

We thought we'd head to either Lobster Alive or The Boatyard depending on which appeals to us most when we get there. Maybe we could do the two tours and then get a taxi to the beach after that as you suggest. We do wonder, however, if we'd still be able to get sunbeds if we leave the beach until later in the day. Also, we're a bit tied in that Agapey are apparently intending to give people set times to visit them and they haven't yet notified us of our 'slot'.

Thank you so much for all your help, its very much appreciated :)

Hi

Boatyard and Lobster alive are next to each other . Can't say if sunbeds will be available. Still get those tours out the way and head to the beach.

depending of your time slot you will have time.

If the factory is too late do the museum first you decide on the day how time is going.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony,

Just to let you know tht we went to the cricket on the evening of Friday 11th November.

We had a fantastic time, the atmosphere was great, we danced, sang, cheered, laughed, enjoyed great food and plenty of cold beers.

Just a shame England lost!! :o

Many thanks for your advice.

Kim

Archived