Water taxis-run on time? Caye Caulker to Belize

Sheal

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what taxi we could make going both ways. Our ship, LOS, docks at 9:00 (8:00 Belize time). I think we should be able to make the 9:00 that San Pedro WT offers. I'm not sure what the odds are of getting off right when the ship clears. I managed to pull it off in Russia so I'm hopeful here.:)

My question is, do the taxis depart on time and is it reasonable to expect the the trip will be 45 minutes? I read on TA that the trips usually always take longer. This could be a problem with figuring out what time to leave Caye Caulker.

My backup plan is the Coral Breezes tour but I really want to spend more than the 1 1/2 hours they have allocated. Doesn't seem like enough time to get lunch and check the island out in addition to picking up a snorkeling tour. The golf carts sound like fun too.

Thanks,

Sheal

Thanks SeaPA1,

I'm still second guessing the trip vs. coral excursion. My only other experience with water taxi was between St. John and St. Thomas.

Thanks!

Sheal

BTW, Do you remember what water taxi you took back vs what time the last tender was?

World Gallery,

That doesn't sound good. I really want to make it back before the last tender leaves.:eek:

I might just keep my reservation with CB.

Thanks for your input.

Sheal

I think that is a better option. We very much wanted to go with CB but at that time, they were refusing all reservations from people on NCL because they said that NCL's tender process is slow and it was holding them up (causing the people on other cruiselines to wait for NCL people). Also, like I mentioned in another post, the walk to get to the water taxi was very unpleasant. I would not do it again.

San Pedro Express bought out the other water taxi. I have seen a few reports that the schedules are all over the place and that the boats have slowed way down to conserve fuel. This is all internet rumor so if anyone has been there in the last month it would be great to confrim this if possible.

Archived