family cruise

blueboys24

Hi there could someone please tell me which ship would be best for the most activities for children. Mine will be 6 and 3 when we are thinking of going, they enjoy the clubs and also swimming. thanks for any replies

I think you need to furnish more information to get some helpful replies. Like where would you be cruising and obviously when? It's useless to say the Musica or the Splendida would be best for children if those ships will be in another region of the world. Swimming of course would be in the warmer climates and/or summer cruising.

The biggest ships have more facilities overall, including a pool that can be covered over in inclement weather (Fantasia, Splendida and the soon to be launched Divina). So more stuff to keep them occupied but there can be downsides to the largest ships. Some don't like the crowds and the distance you inevitably have to walk between different things.

You also need to think about whether you want to be on a cruise were there are a reasonable amount of English speaking passengers (adults & kids) or whether being in a minority would be interesting. If you do want quite a lot of English speakers then you'd be better sticking to sailings from Southampton (but weather may not be as good and seas could be rougher) or going for a fly cruise out of Venice, Genoa or another Med port where there may only be a few English speakers

Hope this helps.

Archived