Eastern Caribbean - ziplines

eurodl

DH and I are booked on the Emerald Princess for an Eastern Caribbean 10-day cruise. We are interested in ziplining and were wondering if one island was better than the other for this. I noticed it is offered in several locations.

Also - any other suggestions for excursions on the islands would be greatly appreciated. We have never been to the Caribbean before! We are not much for shopping/sunbathing (yeah, I know, the Caribbean is probably not the best place for us :o) and would like to try some things like the zipline, ATV's, 4WD tours and historic sites. America's Cup sailing sounded like fun...

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

St. Kitts

St. Thomas

Princess Cays

Thanks in advance for your help!

I will definitely keep that in mind. I've read several wonderful reviews about this. I will be checking the website often to find out when the shore excursions open up. Not going till 2013 so have lots of time....

• 3 weeks later...
IMHO America's Cup is "the" best shore excursion in the Caribbean but you do need to book early with cruise line shore excursion as that's only way to get a spot!

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this: Can anyone explain what it is, and what Island it's on? Thanks.

Sailing 12 metre sailing yachts from Canada, New Zealand and US (varies maybe) that actually sailed in the America's Cup yacht race throughout the world (Just google "America's Cup Race"). You actually learn to sail it, they set up course in Great Bay and you do a "real" race against the other yachts... great fun... you can be a working member of the crew (recommended) or an observer with caveat that most want to be part of crew bec. it's so dang much fun.

I "think" there may be zip line in St Maarten but IMHO it's not that scenic and I'd save that for Roatan or somewhere more mountainous.

Archived