I never thought i would ask this - ncl dawn will i really hate it???

tuggers

I don't think that NCL and Celebrity are compatible - like apple and oranges.

Even both have " classes" like Cunard.

Isabella, I can understand why you think NCL has different classes, because of their awesome suites which include perks outside their cabin, but why do you think Celebrity does? Is it because Aqua passengers eat in their own dining room?

We have sailed NCL 3 times (Jewel twice and Star once) and loved every cruise. We have also been on Cunard 4 times, HAL many times, Princess etc. We enjoy every cruise line and every cruise. NCL's food can be good (chocolate creme brulee is one of the best desserts on any ship!) and their sushi restaurant is amazing. I'm not sure why you have such low expectations. The crew is also friendly and hard working. I say book the itinerary you want and see what happens. If you enjoy cruising and have a good attitude, you will not regret it.

A tip....When I was on the Dawn someone told me that if you

made a reservation in a specialty restaurant that was for 6:00PM

or earlier, it was half price. I asked and it was true. Cagney's became

a "bargain". This was several years ago, so I'm not certain it is still in

effect, but it's worth asking.

Wow. I wish this was true on X! We always book at 6pm.

I think my friends got cold feet - they bailed and are going on an RCL cruise out of NJ. Air fares are just too high for me to turn around and fly there after just being there this past weekend.

So looks like I may be taking an NCL by myself. I am free from 12/5 to 12/20 so am hoping to do one then.

Thanks for all the input. The varied opinions are very interesting. Plus I firmly believe that a cruise is what you make it. If you want to have fun you will. If you enjoy complaining, that's what you'll do! :D

For someone who asked where I heard the specialty prices had gone up, I haven't a clue!

Sorry, I found a mention of it some where in my research but don't know where. I did find where from midnight until 5AM there is a 3.95 room service charge. And a 5 charge to deliver a pizza.

I think my friends got cold feet - they bailed and are going on an RCL cruise out of NJ. Air fares are just too high for me to turn around and fly there after just being there this past weekend.

So looks like I may be taking an NCL by myself. I am free from 12/5 to 12/20 so am hoping to do one then.

Thanks for all the input. The varied opinions are very interesting. Plus I firmly believe that a cruise is what you make it. If you want to have fun you will. If you enjoy complaining, that's what you'll do! :D

For someone who asked where I heard the specialty prices had gone up, I haven't a clue!

Sorry, I found a mention of it some where in my research but don't know where. I did find where from midnight until 5AM there is a 3.95 room service charge. And a 5 charge to deliver a pizza.

I for one would certainly like to hear about your experience on NCL if you go... for us ...never again. Not to our liking at all... Food,decor, the whole experience was awful for us except for the ports.

Oh, maybe if we had that 6k sq ft suite. Now anyone would have a good cruise in that suite

CC

Archived