Question about Star Balcony

amyr

I know the Caribe balconies have been discussed to death, but I couldn't find an answer to my question(s) by doing a search. I've booked C753 on the Star, which is the aft corner balcony (AB?) and I'm wondering if the balcony in the aft is as deep as the regular Caribe balconies. From photos, the balconies all look to be the same depth on the aft from deck to deck.

Also, what is that little space between our balcony and the outermost part of the hull? The deck layout plan shows dead space with a door leading to it. Is it a teeny, tiny public deck? Crew smoke break area? It's obviously open as I can see it on people's photos, and I can't make sense of it.

Anybody had these cabins, anybody?

Thanks,

Amy

I was in C752 on the Star in January. This cabin was on the opposite side of C753. The balcony size may have been a little smaller than a regular Caribe balcony, but it's configured differently. The balcony is curved and allows a great view of both the aft and the side. We had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, a round table for eating and an end table. The space next to the balcony is actually an inside stairwell used for emergencies. The only time it was used was during the Muster drill. There is a little entrance way leading to the front door of this cabin and the area is very quiet and almost private.

Thank you, thank you. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I also had a shot at that corner Emerald mini (E729?) but the price difference was over $1,000pp. I'm sure that category for minis will drop eventually, but that cabin will be long gone.

I'll be happy in my aft balcony!

Amy

Archived