Special food requests

MariahJ

I'll be cruising on the Star in 2 weeks in a deluxe owners suite. My daughter is allergic to dairy and drinks almond or rice milk. Will I be able to get this kind of milk onboard? If not, can I bring some on with me? Do I need to inform the cruiseline that she needs dairy free meals in advance or will waiting until we get onboard be good enough? TIA.

Mariah,

I am also allergic to dairy. I have never been able to get soy or rice milk. I do not see any reason why you couldn't bring it onboard tho; soda, water, mixers are all permitted.

I have always let the restaurant server know up front that I am dairy allergic and I spell out exactly what does/doesn't cause problems (no to milk, cream, butter, cheese..., eggs are fine, etc.). In Le Bistro last year the chef came out to ensure that the substitution he was making on a dish would be ok. The waiters and restaurant staff have all been very helpful.

Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Last year a friend had several food allergies. Each night she was given the next night's menu for whatever restaurant she planned on goiong to(including specialty). She wuld choose the entree and then they would alter the preparation so that no allergy related foods were included. They always prepared her one or 2 sides and appetizers as well. I think she may have told them ahead of the cruise because one waiter was in charge of her menus.

For those who want soy milk:

Ask for "soya milk" not soy milk. It's been available on the Spirit and Pearl, but we had to ask for glasses to be brought to us wherever we were eating.

Sorry, I can't tell you about rice or almond milk. :(

Archived