Like to be in a group, but enjoy private excursions

gander24

Hey there.. my husband and I will be visiting Roatan for the first time in February. We really have enjoyed doing non-ship tours in previous ports, but I'm a bit confused over some of the companies I've seen on the Honduras board. We don't necessarily want to do a "private" tour where it is just us 2 and the tour guide, but want to try to do a non-ship tour (we feel we get more bang for our buck in terms of time and quality). Does anyone have any recommendations for private tours in which we are not the only ones in the group? Thanks in advance!

Hey there.. my husband and I will be visiting Roatan for the first time in February. We really have enjoyed doing non-ship tours in previous ports, but I'm a bit confused over some of the companies I've seen on the Honduras board. We don't necessarily want to do a "private" tour where it is just us 2 and the tour guide, but want to try to do a non-ship tour (we feel we get more bang for our buck in terms of time and quality). Does anyone have any recommendations for private tours in which we are not the only ones in the group? Thanks in advance!

Join the roll call for your cruise and see what others are doing. You might can get a group together that way.

We also have gotten most our groups together with a few others from our roll calls. We didn't want to tour with just the two of us, but wanted a few others along. You get to actually know them before cruising, & it seems like your touring with friends. Research a tour you'd like to book from the boards here then find others on your roll call who are interested in the same thing. Its a win win situation.

In addition to the private tours, I saw that Victor Bodden had at least a couple that were not private, that were kind of like the ship's excursions. I'm sure there are others that do too. To me they didn't seem like as good a value because they cost almost the same as the private tour, but on the private tour you can do exactly what you want to do. But it may be what you are looking for; I'm sure you'll save quite a bit off the ship's excursion price.

Archived