Free Rome Walking Tour

sailawaykay

Has anyone ever done the free Rome Walking Tour from Spagna (McDonald's) I will be in Rome with a group and was looking at this option. Some of our group has a tour scheduled and some did not want to do a big tour, so we were looking at this for an option. Thanks

We will be trying it this month as we have three nights there. I was not sure which looked better the New Rome Free or the Rome Free. I think we are doing the one that meets at 5:30pm (New Rome Free Tour) in front of Spanish Steps bc there are more reviews for it. We want to try the Vatican tour at 11 from the other company though (Rome Free). I like the idea of a free tour as we have a toddler and tend to miss a lot or leave earlyand can't justify spending 100 bucks on three hours that may or may not happen.

I can't comment on the Rome tours but we just did the Buenos Aires Free Tour and it was excellent. The tour we went with in BA is part of the following free tour organization which the New Rome Free Tour is a part of. We were very impressed with the knowledge and communication skills of our guide in BA. Remember to give a generous tip for the service if you are happy with it as the guides are donating their time for your benefit and to share about their cities.

http://www.freecitytour.com/

Just did the New Free Rome Tour (the 5:30 pm one) a couple of days ago. It was very well done with a nice mixture of well known sights (eg Trevi Fountain) and lesser known ones (eg we went into a beautiful church cloisters that I would never have found. I recommend it.

Just did the New Free Rome Tour (the 5:30 pm one) a couple of days ago. It was very well done with a nice mixture of well known sights (eg Trevi Fountain) and lesser known ones (eg we went into a beautiful church cloisters that I would never have found. I recommend it.

This is such a cool idea. I didn't know they were doing this now. When talking about Rome, I like to plug San Giovanni in Laterano. Amazing basilica that seems to be a bit off of the radar

Archived