Anyone just back from the stormy W.Carrib

jkneern

We returned Thur from the Inspiration 10/22 - 10/27 cruise. We were informed by the Captain on Sunday afternoon that we would not be making Grand Cayman due to Hurricane Rena, but would be going to Progresso instead. It seemed that all of the passengers were very understanding and would rather have another port instead of rough seas and rain. The ship stayed just ahead of the storm so we had sunshine and blue skies in both Cozumel and Progresso plus our 2 sea days. The only thing that I noticed were choppy waves in Cozumel. We did the Twister boat and Passion Island tour through Carnival, and the only thing we were not able to use were the Kayaks. In Progresso, we did a Mayan ruin and beach break tour also through Carnival, and the water at the beach club was a tad murkey with seaweed. We were told by the beach club staff that this was not the norm and was due to the incoming bad weather. The upper decks on the last sea day were a little windy and they were not checking out the golf clubs for the putt-putt course. These were the only minor changes that we noticed. Also, we had an aft OV cabin and didn't notice any extra movement. In fact, the entire cruise was pretty smooth. :)

I just got off Allure of the Seas. I had no idea there was even a hurricane until the second day. The captain came on and told us about it. He basically said we would most likely not get to Cozumel. We did hit Labadee, Haiti and Jamaica alright. The weather was great in both ports. However, we turned around and went to Nassau as our last port. We had a day at sea after that and it turned stormy in the afternoon. Nothing major. It was a great cruise and the weather was wonderful for the most part.

Our trip on the Legend was changed around a bit. We were to go, Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Grand Cayman. Well we went Belize, Cozumel, Progresso ( yuck ) and 2 1/2 sea days to end.

As it turns out, If they kept the way it was supposed to be, we would have been fine. Maybe miss Grand Cayman and we could have picked up Key West. Even if key west wasnt possible, ANYTHING but progresso. That has go to be the worst port of call in the world.

Tim

Just of the Carnival Freedom western yesterday.

were were supposed to do Cozumel on monday which we did it was great.

Later that night it was a little rocky for me on deck six aft 6442 balcony.

We were supposed to do Costa Rica on Wednesday and then Panama on Thursday.

We were told after sail away in Cozumel that we would not go to Costa Rica or Panama.

Instead we got Montego Bay, Jamaica and Grand Turk. We had our scheduled amount of sea days.

Not sure if the port charges and fees were cheaper where we went or not. I may make a phone call.

Archived