Any feedback on Dolphin Encounter and Turtle Farm

nikkinoo1011

Im looking for feedback on this one as well. Planning to book (Carnival) the Dophin excursion, Stingray Experience and Turtle farm!! Would love some feedback....How much time do you get with the dophins? Will the life vests fit fatties? can you take your own photos, or do you have to buy there to keep the memories?

Has anyone does this excursion? I booked it, and wanted to get some feedback. Also, is there any time left at the end of this excursion? If so, what things were there to do?

The best ever!!! We did this last Jan. It was worth every penny!!! We highly recommend this. As for time afterwards, it just depends on where you tender (if bad weather you may be at southern end or skip entirely). It also depends when your ship leaves. Even if you don't have time... this excursion is truly wonderful! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Im looking for feedback on this one as well. Planning to book (Carnival) the Dophin excursion, Stingray Experience and Turtle farm!! Would love some feedback....How much time do you get with the dophins? Will the life vests fit fatties? can you take your own photos, or do you have to buy there to keep the memories?

We were able to pick up the baby turtles... the big one's are HUGE!!! Make sure your dolphin experience is one where you are swimming with them. It's so much fun. You do different activities with the dolphins. You are in a group with other people and everyone takes turns. Don't worry about the life vests. They have vests for every size. Taking your own photos can be problematic. Think of it this way... you are in a pool. You don't want anything on you that could scratch the dolphin. I've read on other posts about people bring a waterproof camera, but no one on our tour had one.

They do take pictures and video tape it for you. You can by a DVD afterwards. Our trainer told us our dolphin was saved and was being rehabilitated. We were very impressed by this.

We're booked for the Dolphin Discovery Royal swim/Turtle farm & can not wait!!! So far I have heard very good things about the humane treatment of the dolphins. Which hopefully is true,as this is one of the reasons I decided to do it. That it was on DW's wish list. I have 3 waterproof cameras,so hopefully I can get a few decent shots & post them along w/ a review.

• 3 months later...
We were able to pick up the baby turtles... the big one's are HUGE!!! Make sure your dolphin experience is one where you are swimming with them. It's so much fun. You do different activities with the dolphins. You are in a group with other people and everyone takes turns. Don't worry about the life vests. They have vests for every size. Taking your own photos can be problematic. Think of it this way... you are in a pool. You don't want anything on you that could scratch the dolphin. I've read on other posts about people bring a waterproof camera, but no one on our tour had one.

They do take pictures and video tape it for you. You can by a DVD afterwards. Our trainer told us our dolphin was saved and was being rehabilitated. We were very impressed by this.

silly question.. do they provide beach towels or should we carry our own for drying ourselves ?

• 3 months later...

I'm a little late but I'll add my opinion...last summer we did the dolphin and turtle farm excursion. We loved the turtle farm, it was great to pick up turtles and see the babies. The dolphin encounter was extremely disappointing though. Basically all we did was stand in a pool pet the dolphin as it swan by, which was fun but not as fun as swimming with them, I guess we had to pay even more for that. Also, pictures were ridiculously expensive. Turtle farm was great, dolphins were very, very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the dolphin encounter and stingrays. I actually *loved* the dolphin encounter. (But I'm a geek and love animal training). I was fascinated by what the dolphins were trained to do and not do... You basically stand on a platform...pet the dolphins, dance with the dolphins, kiss the dolphins, get splashed by them...it was a teeny bit hokey, but I thought well worth it.

FYI: dolphin encounter= no swimming; dolphin swim=life vests and actually get towed along in the water.

Archived