MONARCH of the SEAS 7/29/2005

I started a roll call on the RCCL Meet & Mingle roll call boards, but thought I'd post it here too since RCCL doesn't do "Meet & Mingles" for the 3 day cruises. Stop by the roll call board and look it up! :)

Due to both daughters' university and work schedules, this year our family vacation has to be a family "mini" vacation.

There will be me, my husband, Daughter #1 age 25, Daughter #2 age 20, and an extended family member, age 23, coming all the way from England.

(We live in the Southern California.)

If you're going to be on our sailing, say Hi and introduce yourself and maybe we will make new friends!

I was seriously thinking about booking that cruise while we were on the Monarch in February but it never worked out. SORRY

Hey Eric....there's still time to book it....LOL Althooooough....we are paying a much higher price than we did in February. Its because we waited too long to book it. We just couldn't get everyone's schedules worked out. But...oh well....at least the girls and me & hubby get to spend some time together. By the way....did you ever meet my girls? I decided that there was just toooo many people in my group. Next group cruise I set up, I'm going to limit the amount of people.

By the way....did you ever meet my girls? I decided that there was just toooo many people in my group. Next group cruise I set up, I'm going to limit the amount of people.

Nope I didn't have the privilege of meeting them. It must have been a little hard on you in February being the coordinator with that many people. This time you have more of an opportunity to sit back and relax. Although it is sometimes nice to be surrounded by loved ones.

We are doing a family and friends birthday celebration cruise in early December. We seem to get the good timing award again, as I've heard the ship will go into dry dock in early January (may have the month wrong). My husband and I were on the Grand Princess in October, just before her dry dock, and she really showed wear and tear. We commented that she was about 6 mos. overdue for drydock as there was considerable mildew in some of the public rooms, sliding doors leaked, etc. Any of you who have been on the Monarch recently--how did the ship look? Not that it will matter-I've never had a bad cruise, and know we'll enjoy ourselves.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kathy

We are doing a family and friends birthday celebration cruise in early December. We seem to get the good timing award again, as I've heard the ship will go into dry dock in early January (may have the month wrong). My husband and I were on the Grand Princess in October, just before her dry dock, and she really showed wear and tear. We commented that she was about 6 mos. overdue for drydock as there was considerable mildew in some of the public rooms, sliding doors leaked, etc. Any of you who have been on the Monarch recently--how did the ship look? Not that it will matter-I've never had a bad cruise, and know we'll enjoy ourselves.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Kathy

You are correct...the Monarch goes into drydock in mid January.

I was just on the Monarch in February, and I thought it looked fine. But then I don't look for faults. As long as its clean, I'm happy.

Eric...you've been on her a couple times....what is your opinion?

Archived