Visa Points Question. Didn't see answer in search

Atty

Hi all:

Tried to search this but didn't find an answer.

I have 180K points. Just booked a B2B on Allure with an ocean view balcony (D5).

What I want to know is if I can redeem 125K for the $2500 credit for a cruise for 2 as well as 50K for $500 off.

Thanks

Hi all:

Tried to search this but didn't find an answer.

I have 180K points. Just booked a B2B on Allure with an ocean view balcony (D5).

What I want to know is if I can redeem 125K for the $2500 credit for a cruise for 2 as well as 50K for $500 off.

Thanks

Aren't these two separate cruises with separate reservation numbers? There shouldn't be a problem at all. Do the 125k for $2,500 on one reservation number and then the 50k for $500 off on the other reservation. You do it online now. Go online and redeem them. Bet it works like clockwork.

Have a great back to back.

Aren't these two separate cruises with separate reservation numbers? There shouldn't be a problem at all. Do the 125k for $2,500 on one reservation number and then the 50k for $500 off on the other reservation. You do it online now. Go online and redeem them. Bet it works like clockwork.

Have a great back to back.

Yeah they are but I guess the better question is whether I can redeem the 125K for the up to $2500 credit if I booked a balcony instead of an oceanview

Yeah they are but I guess the better question is whether I can redeem the 125K for the up to $2500 credit if I booked a balcony instead of an oceanview

The amount you get to take off is based on the price of an ocean view cabin. If the ocean view cabin is priced at $1,249 or more you will get the full value of $2,500. If it is less then you only get that amount. You can book a balcony and use the amount based on the ocean view. We have done this 4 times, always booking a balcony and always when the oceanview cabins are at $1,249 or higher.

Now I have never redeemed online before but will be doing so for a cruise next year. I always call and have them apply the points and then send the coupon in. I believe it has to be done online now. So let us know how it works out. I for one, would appreciate a first hand report on redeeming points online for the free cruise ($2,500).

If anyone else has done this, please post about your experience.

The amount you get to take off is based on the price of an ocean view cabin. If the ocean view cabin is priced at $1,249 or more you will get the full value of $2,500. If it is less then you only get that amount. You can book a balcony and use the amount based on the ocean view. We have done this 4 times, always booking a balcony and always when the oceanview cabins are at $1,249 or higher.

Now I have never redeemed online before but will be doing so for a cruise next year. I always call and have them apply the points and then send the coupon in. I believe it has to be done online now. So let us know how it works out. I for one, would appreciate a first hand report on redeeming points online for the free cruise ($2,500).

If anyone else has done this, please post about your experience.

What got me thinking about it was also at 125K is the free companion fare for a balcony with a max so $1250. So it got me to wondering if they would hold at that $1250 number and force the companion fare since I booked a balcony.

Archived