Jeep Rental at Crown Bay

cav4pa

Hi All - We are sailing on the Oasis over Thanksgiving week. We have found out that the Oasis docks at Crown Bay and not at Havensight. Does anyone know if there are car rentals near the Crown Bay dock or will we have to take a taxi to Havensight to rent a car?

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it really $66 or another 60-70$ of fees and insurance? That is where we have been misled in the past. We have a credit card and a rider on our car insurance for rentals, but still...... it seems to add up quickly. We are 4 and with a taxi it will be 160$ for what we want to do. If the jeep was 66$ plus gas, it might be worth it to be on our own. How is driving in St. Thomas? We are used to Montreal Quebec, so it can't be much worse!;)

Is it really $66 or another 60-70$ of fees and insurance? That is where we have been misled in the past. We have a credit card and a rider on our car insurance for rentals, but still...... it seems to add up quickly. We are 4 and with a taxi it will be 160$ for what we want to do. If the jeep was 66$ plus gas, it might be worth it to be on our own. How is driving in St. Thomas? We are used to Montreal Quebec, so it can't be much worse!;)

We rented a mid-size car so I can't speak for the Jeep costs, but the people before us left in a Jeep so I know they do rent them. As for taxes and fees, they weren't that much. We paid something like $55 for our rental including taxes and fees, but we also paid on top of that an extra $10 for insurance for lost time fees in case of accident (not knowing if our coverage at home included that) and we bought the 1/4 tank of gas in advance instead of refilling. In hindesight, we should have just refilled upon return since there were several gas stations nearby and I doubt we came close to using 1/4 of a tank. As for the roads---if you stay on the major roads, they aren't bad---crowded in spots, but just give yourself plenty of time to get back through Charlotte Amelia when returning (at least 45 minutes). We tried to avoid the main traffic when we first left the rental office by taking back roads through town and I don't think we saved any time---plus those roads were VERY narrow, steep, and windy. Coming back we went through Charlotte Amelia---it was slow, but much easier.

Archived