Connecting Promenade rooms on RCI EOS

rm1247

Does anyone have experience with these rooms? My husband and I will be in one room and our 3 kids (older 2 plus baby) will be in the other. The balcony rooms were just too much for our budget, but these were only a hundred more than the connecting interiors. I thought the kids would love looking out the windows, but my my concerns are:

1. Noise - The rooms I'm looking at are on deck 7 and down by the cafe. Anyone know if we'll have a problem with noise? We like to put the kids to bed somewhat early (especially the baby) and then relax in the other room. There was a deck 8 option, but it was more in the middle of the promenade and I wasn't sure if the kids would enjoy the view as much.

2. Space - Has anyone used a pack n play in these rooms? Our previous cruises have been in connecting interiors and connecting oceanviews, so I'm used to small rooms. I guess my question is if it is worse than connecting interiors.

Pictures would be wonderful if you have them! :)

We love Explorer and can't wait to return. This will actually be our second cruise with the baby, but the first on this ship.

Thanks for your help!

You shouldn't have a noise issue...the windows are double-paned and don't open.

If you keep the beds apart, you generally have more floor space....the size of the cabin is about the same as an interior cabin.

I think the connecting cabins will give you plenty of space between the 2 cabins.

Archived