Excursions in Eastern MED

Hi

We are sailing to Koper,Venice,Split,Dubrovnik and Brindisi on the Destiny this our fist cruise should we do DIY excursions or the ship arranged excursions ,I have been to other cities around Europe before and plan all sites myself just did not know with the time scale whats the best think to do any help will be appreciated?

Thanks wolf7

Did this trip last month -

Koper - we went on the bike tour which was lovely but not if your not a really keen cyclist! you can get a bus that goes to Piran which is worth it, also Koper is easy enough and nice enough to walk round.

In Venice - just use the 'people mover' to get to the town and walk, walk, walk..

Dubrovnik - get the bus to the old town and walk around the walls

Split - we did the trip to Trogir which was nice then walked round the old town in the afternoon, also did the walk up and overlooking the town

Most places you can do your own thing just do lots of research!

I'm on the same cruise and I'll be taking the organised tours at each get off port purely to prevent any stress and besides , their usually very well organised and interesting, so though it's expensive I'm not doing anything more stressful than choosing which excursion, the last thing I want is to wander about lost :) especially in view of last years events

Archived