Wine & Dine Packages in the Mediterranean

MAHA

We are going on Serenade of the Seas in late May 2012 for a 12 night Mediterranean and Greece cruise. For those who have done a Mediterranean cruise, do the wine packages offer the same wines as all of the RCCL cruises? We have been on Caribbean, Bermuda and Alaska cruises before and the offerings are the same for those. I did a search through the forums before asking this and could not find an answer.

Thanks!

Mary Anne

We sailed on a 12 day cruise aboard the Mariner in May of this year. We were really disappointed in the wine list at the beginning of the cruise. All California wines - everywhere. We're in the Med, and I really wanted to try some different Italian and French wines.

Half way through the cruise, they brought out another wine menu that was so much better, and so much more reasonable too. Lots of Italian wines, some French bordeaux, etc.

We've booked the Mariner again for next May. I plan on talking with our concierge about the wine list for this upcoming cruise. Hoping he can get us a a few bottles of Chianti at the beginning of the cruise!

Princess has a much more impressive wine cellar than RCCL - at least that's my opinion. We've done 3 Med Cruises with Princess, and their wine list was so much better.

Archived