Thought CC was supposed to get me out of my duldrums!

Geebee8

OK, so I am not one to typically start threads (this may be my first!!) but I used to come to CC to get me out of the winter/rainy day blues, learn something new about a port/ship, meet new people but lately it is mostly just complaints. Yes, they changed the way tips are being done (is it that much to give up 1 DOD for the entire week to offset the new charges?), the menu has been changed (not sure about anyone else but I'm excited to try it out!), there are changes coming to the ships (can't wait to try out the new places!) but who wants the exact same thing all of the time? Variety is the spice of life!

I'm sure that I will get flamed but where did all of the happy posts go? Cruising is the one time of year to escape the nastiness of Ohio winters and a job that I really don't like very much and coming here used to be just as much of an escape throughout the months/weeks/days leading up to vacation.

Anyway, that is just my 2 cents for the day! :)

Happy Cruising everyone!!!

OK, so I am not one to typically start threads (this may be my first!!) but I used to come to CC to get me out of the winter/rainy day blues, learn something new about a port/ship, meet new people but lately it is mostly just complaints. Yes, they changed the way tips are being done (is it that much to give up 1 DOD for the entire week to offset the new charges?), the menu has been changed (not sure about anyone else but I'm excited to try it out!), there are changes coming to the ships (can't wait to try out the new places!) but who wants the exact same thing all of the time? Variety is the spice of life!

I'm sure that I will get flamed but where did all of the happy posts go? Cruising is the one time of year to escape the nastiness of Ohio winters and a job that I really don't like very much and coming here used to be just as much of an escape throughout the months/weeks/days leading up to vacation.

Is it that hard to just raise the fare $10.50 for a 7 day cruiseand this would never have popped up?

Here's a happy thought for you: You'll be celebrating my birthday on your cruise! I won't be there, but you will. I'll just pretend that I am!:)

We will be celebrating Dad's birthday while we are there as well! I'll have a DOD in your honor :D

I agree. How many tipping threads are there now? Who cares. If I can't pay an extra $1.50/day then I shouldn't be cruising. Your cruise is so much closer then mine. Just think of that. You will be cruising and I will probably be shoveling snow! Lol.

I agree with the OP...I'm tired of seeing negative threads. That being said, CC is really a great place to come prior to a cruise to get useful information. You just have to wade through the crap! I truly have found out a lot of things that I didn't know that have enhanced my fun.

I can usually tell by the first couple of sentences in a thread if the poster has a positive or negative outlook on life in general. Some see the glass half-full, some see it half-empty. I am drawn toward the positive and that's how I live life!

Everything is not always perfect on a cruise, but I take what I'm dealt, and make the best of it with a smile on my face.

Last week on our cruise, for the first time in 12 cruises, we saw a flasher on a ship docked beside us! Not surprised so much to see it, just surprised it took 12 cruises for it to happen! :D

LOL I usually hang on my roll call or go the ports page and talk to get fix if all this crap start s to bug me. From one Buckeye to another:D:D

Don't get discouraged, there are plenty of lovely people on here. They are happy to help with suggestions and/or tips on ports, hotels etc. There are some awesome reviews too! I think some have never cruised and just come on here to start a battle. Enjoy your cruise I wish mine was closer ;)

Hello Geebee8! We too live in Central Ohio (Columbus to be exact). I've checked out several cruise forums, and Cruise Critic seems to have the most helpful and informative people of any of the forums. Don't let someone's negativity get you down. There's a lot of terrific information to be found here. It just takes a little time to search it out. In the meantime, if you want something fun to do, add this website to your favorites:http://www.freeonlinegames.com/game/easy-cruise.html. Try your luck at being captain of a cruise ship. A little "bump up" in the tips isn't really such a big deal. Besides, I think many cruisers add a little extra anyhow if they've received exceptional service.

So instead of posting a "happy" message for your first time, you post this?

Pot meet Kettle I think.

What do you want people to do? Not have opinions unless they are happy happy? Only post things that make you happy? Maybe you should think about posting some guidelines we could refer back too. Or how about this, just skip the threads you are not interested in? I think I just solved your problem.

Pot meet Kettle I think.

What do you want people to do? Not have opinions unless they are happy happy? Only post things that make you happy? Maybe you should think about posting some guidelines we could refer back too. Or how about this, just skip the threads you are not interested in? I think I just solved your problem.

Wow.

I'll see your 2 cents and raise you a nickel. ;) I for one, ignore all the negative and concentrate on the positive. There are still a lot of great posts here and I learn a lot every time I log in.

Going on my first cruise in less than a month and I'm so excited that there should be two of me! :D

I'll see your 2 cents and raise you a nickel. ;) I for one, ignore all the negative and concentrate on the positive. There are still a lot of great posts here and I learn a lot every time I log in.

Going on my first cruise in less than a month and I'm so excited that there should be two of me! :D

Hey you have my saying , people will say how are you doing and I respond if I was any better I would be twins.:D

I look at this way , I am alive , I survived colon cancer I was told I had a 50/50 shot so I figure any day I am on this side of the grass is a good day. :):)

Have a GREAT cruise how fun going on your first seeing that ship and walking on , have drink for me oh heck have 2 :cool:

Hey you have my saying , people will say how are you doing and I respond if I was any better I would be twins.:D

I look at this way , I am alive , I survived colon cancer I was told I had a 50/50 shot so I figure any day I am on this side of the grass is a good day. :):)

Have a GREAT cruise how fun going on your first seeing that ship and walking on , have drink for me oh heck have 2 :cool:

Life is too short to let the little things get you down and I love your outlook on things!!!

Life is too short to let the little things get you down and I love your outlook on things!!!

Thanks , the nurses used to tell me the same thing , I always figured if littled kids can go through all of this crap . chemo. radiation , surgeries and not complain why the heck should I, Oh had my bad days and probably made people miserable but as a good friend has taught me , Its all Good:)

Pot meet Kettle I think.

Wow - shorts in a wad today. They were just stating on opinion. I hope after this tirade they come back.

Pot meet Kettle I think.

Well, are we in a mood today?

Archived