Harrisons Cave Reservations

ronu

Has any tried to book a reservation through the Harrisons Cave website? I e-mailed them a few days ago and never heard back. After that I tried bookiing a reservation through their site and haven't heard anything back. There was no option for a time (unless I somehow didn't see it). I requested the particular day, how do I know if I have a reservation? It's for 2 people going on our own. I've read on here that the cruise ships book many time slots and wouldn't want to get there only to find out we can't see the caves.

Thanks in advance.

Last December I went to Harrison's Cave on my own. There was one large P&O ship in port, as well as several smaller ones. (Including "my" Royal Clipper)

I arrived around 1pm or so, and there was no problem getting a ticket. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tour time on the ticket; you just make your way down from the parking lot/ticket office to the entrance (either by a winding walking trail or a glass elevator.)

From there you get in line (or on line, or in the queue :-) ) for the tour. It appears they run continuously about every 15 minutes or so. You go into an exhibit area, which describe the geology, and at the other end you board the trams.

The total time was about 1.5 hours.

Aloha,

John

Thank you so much for the response and information John. Do you think it was worth the visit? We were hoping to go in the morning and hopes that we'll have time to do the other stuff. Also, thought about taking the bus to save $$ but sounds like overall it'll take too much time. I wonder why they ask for reservations.

I really enjoyed the cave. The geology that went into forming Barbados (not volcanic!) was very interesting to learn.

I had a car pick me up from the hotel at 11am. I first toured the Concorde museum, followed by a quick lunch and then the cave. He then dropped me off at the cruise port at 3pm

Aloha,

John

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you can help Barbados Blogger! We will be arriving by cruise ship on Dec. 30th at 9am. We want to go to the Caves, then a drive along the East coast for pictures, and then end at a West Coast beach. Our ship leaves at 6pm. Can you tell me who or what I can do for that kind of sightseeing? I've tried Glory Tours but they don't answer their email. Thanks.

Archived