Snorkeling/Coral Breeze/Bannister Island

BethCarp

Thinking of booking the Manatee/snorkel/Bannister tour through Coral Breeze. Is the snorkeling good on this tour? Or should we go somewhere else for better snorkeling?

What about a snorkel tour once we get to Bannister? I'd really love to take the RCI excursion so we can avoid tendering into town. But we don't want to cheap out on the snorkeling.

I hear of great snorkeling at Goff's, but that beach doesn't sound as comfortable (no chairs) or as much fun for kids. I'll have a 7 and 10yo.

There's also the sting ray/shark option, but again the beaches at Caulker Caye don't sound that appealing. Or maybe that's fabulous and I just haven't seen that yet.

I can't speak for the snorkeling at Bannister, since I have never been there, but I will tell you that I didn't enjoy snorkeling at Goff's at all. The snorkeling itself was fantastic, but the island itself provided nothing in the way of amenities. Once done snorkeling, there was no place to even relax. There were a couple of picnic tables that were full, the only other place to sit was the dock itself. I thought that the tour stayed at the island far too long after snorkeling, so everyone was just sort of sitting around (or standing) waiting to leave. I think you're right to steer clear of this one. I'd be interested myself to hear of people's snorkeling experiences at Bannister.

I'd suggest your looking into Coral Breeze Tours for their reef snorkeling & later lunch on Caye Caulker.

We have done this twice a year for several years & always have a fun time with Heni.

This tour will get you away from the crowded ships tours as well.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Archived