Which hotel in Maimi

We like the South Beach hotels as it's easy to walk to dinner and shopping and, when we stay in South Beach, we feel like we're already on vacation. We once stayed at the Doubletree Suites near the airport, but we couldn't walk anywhere. We had to take the hotel van just to go to dinner.

In South Beach, we like the South Seas Hotel on Collins Ave., which has a nice pool and direct beach access. It's reasonably priced, but also a remodeled art deco so the rooms and bathrooms are small. Not luxurious. Of course, you can go more upscale at the Loew's, the Delano, Mariott South Beach or Shore Club.

We've never stayed at hotels near the pier although some like them and my want to make suggestions. It's not too far of a cab ride from South Beach to the pier.

We are traveling in December and thought about making reservations soon.

Which hotel would you choose? We'll only be there for a night, but would like a pool.

thank you

Last year we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. We had a room that overlooked the port. We were so excited about our vacation that we woke up before 5:00 am and got to watch the ships come in.

Don't know if there was a pool. But the room was spotless and the view spectacular.

We also stayed in the Marriot Biscayne Bay and it does have a pool (was there on 3/25/05). It is wonderful to wake up and see the ship. We went to the Harborside Marketplace the night before the cruise for an ice cream, and a walk around. The restaurant in the hotel was nice. There is a pre-cruise package that offers welcome drinks, breakfast for 2 and the transportation to the port the next day. We will stay there again.

Go to the Sheraton Four Points Miami Beach. Its right on the beach and has a pool. There is a boardwalk behind the hotel running along the beach. Most of the hotels have a band or bar etc going on. Its great fun. Then take a taxi

to South Beach and go to Larios . The is a cuban restaurant with a Salsa band this is the best restaurant on South Beach.The best mojitos. Everyone is dancing even the staff.

Make sure if you want the Sheraton Four Points South beach there are a few in Sheratons in Miami. Check on their wed site.

My husband and I had the best time. We are going to do it again.

Brenda and Bob

Diamond C&A

Arizona

The Eden Roc Hotel, Miami Beach. Very upscale Marriott property. Olympic size swimming pool and a fantastic resteraunt and bar on site. Sword fish for two is very good. Live music in the evenings at the outdoor bar and grill. Full service spa. Check them out on the web at Marriott.com.

My favorite hotel is the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I have stayed near the port and at South Beach but prefer near the port to see the ships come in. Ask for a room overlooking the port. I have some photos in my link below that shows the view of the port from the room. The photos are in the Navigator set.

We also stayed in the Marriot Biscayne Bay and it does have a pool (was there on 3/25/05). It is wonderful to wake up and see the ship. We went to the Harborside Marketplace the night before the cruise for an ice cream, and a walk around. The restaurant in the hotel was nice. There is a pre-cruise package that offers welcome drinks, breakfast for 2 and the transportation to the port the next day. We will stay there again.

We are staying next door, at the DoubleTree Grand, for 2 nights pre-cruise in December. Pool overlooking Biscayne Bay, shops, mini-mart, and restaurants. 2 nights, with Saturday night stayover, $55 a night through PriceLine. :)

Depends on how many people. when it is just my husband and i--we go for a Priceline 3 or 4 star downtown. This cruiise I am going with 5 family members and we booked a 2 bedroom suite at the Summerfield Suites by Wyndham. Decent price. Pool. Close to airport--which is good as we have one late arrival.

Linda/Ohio

We are sailing on the Radiance on December 4, 2005. We will arrive in Miami on Saturday, December 3, 2005. I got my room via Priceline. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency in Miami. We got if for $121.00.

Does anyone know if you can see the port from the Hyatt Regency?

In 03' we stayed at my parents time share in Westin, about and hour drive from the port. This year we are staying at the Holiday Inn South Beach, does anyone have any info on this hotel?? It wasn't a bad price at 109 per night.

If it was me, I'd be bidding on Priceline for a 4 star downtown. If successful, you'll most likely get the Intercontinental, and you can't do much better than that.

I was old if ou bid on a four star hotel in downtown miami your only choice is the intercontinental. i did that in 2003 and only paid $70 for one night. If you eat in the hotel i have to worn you it's expensive.

You can see the ships from the front of the hotel and is only minutes away by taxi.

Ron

If it was me, I'd be bidding on Priceline for a 4 star downtown. If successful, you'll most likely get the Intercontinental, and you can't do much better than that.

I was told if you bid on a four star hotel in downtown miami your only choice is the intercontinental. i did that in 2003 and only paid $70 for one night. If you eat in the hotel i have to worn you it's expensive.

You can see the ships from the front of the hotel and is only minutes away by taxi.

Ron

Archived